Designing the Perfect Small AIO. Post your feature request, or wish list & let's build it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really know much about the design and placement of baffles, chamber sizes etc. But i did measure my tank height at 17 3/4" from the bottom glass to the plastic trim ring.

I did find this example from OceanBox Designs
Here is your AIO insert. Please let me know "L" and I will get this done for you. You can send your name and shipping address to [email protected]. No charge for this. Might take about a week But as an FYI, these will be available for sale from $65 to $95.
The size you are getting will be priced at $75
6919D728-95E9-4F26-ABCA-290D60BABCAE.jpeg

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is your AIO insert. Please let me know "L" and I will get this done for you. You can send your name and shipping address to [email protected]. No charge for this. Might take about a week But as an FYI, these will be available for sale from $65 to $95.
Please let me know “L”

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is 30" wide inside, but it doesn't have to fill the entire back. So somewhere in the 10" to 12" range (or so), so I can center it on the bank wall would be great.

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this hobby is missing a true reef ready all in one. Experienced hobbyist will still build their own once they have the tank but beginners would prefer everything ready to go. Something that can grow even sps out of the box. Lots of the aio on the market either have a weak light or dont have enough flow, or the media section doesnt have enough options.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this hobby is missing a true reef ready all in one. Something that can grow even sps out of the box. Lots of the aio on the market either have a weak light or dont have enough flow, or the media section doesnt have enough options.
You have a good point. This is why we developed our simplicity Aio which is a full wet dry. No one else really competed with us because they are not easy to make. Our 20L for example was one of the most popular small size tanks with this system

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think this hobby is missing a true reef ready all in one. Experienced hobbyist will still build their own once they have the tank but beginners would prefer everything ready to go. Something that can grow even sps out of the box. Lots of the aio on the market either have a weak light or dont have enough flow, or the media section doesnt have enough options.

Isn’t this how this thread started?

(But not how it ended).

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This version does not have a protein skimmer chamber which we usually put to the right of the AquaFoam in a dedicated. chamber. The wet/dry chamber is highly effective and this design can be scaled up or down. The largest tanks we put them into are in the 400+ range. The challenge in that size range is the water pressure on the filter wall (wet/dry means the bio chamber is under pressure) and the depth of the filter area itself. On our 48 inch high and higher tanks this design becomes a bit difficult to service unless we place the media in mesh bags. Chemical filtration can also be stacked under the AquaFoam. Again, it's all custom. Even better is a dual system. This built in full wet dry with a closed reverse flow undergravel circuit. So, yeah, there are tanks that can do what you want. We just need to advertise a bit more.

TENECOR SIMPLICITY AIO RECTANGULAR 36X15X16 BENT CORNER LBLU BLK BACK.jpg

TENECOR MODEL 8 FLAT BACK HEX AIO 19X10X19 DBLU RED BACK.jpg

This is our Model 8 with a full wet/dry. We sold over 300,000 of these little guys. It was the first saltwater I personally ever had. Raised sea cucumbers in it. Back then the lighting was an OSRAM Dulux CFL! The hobby has come a long way.

TENECOR SIMPLICITY AIO RECTANGULAR 96X24X30 SQUARE CORNER BLK CLR BACK.jpg

This is what we put into the larger 72 inch to 144 inch tanks. Dual Left/Right.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect. These are not going to be coast to coast. We will make it 12.
I did send an email with my address as well.

I'm very excited to try this out. i have been wanting to convert my 75g freshwater tank and the stand gives me zero space for a traditional sump, so I really wanted the All In One insert on that tank too. It's pretty super of you guys interacting with the community to get a feel for what's needed and lacking for options. Love it. Thanks very much!!

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm very excited to try this out. i have been wanting to convert my 75g freshwater tank and the stand gives me zero space for a traditional sump, so I really wanted the All In One insert on that tank too. It's pretty super of you guys interacting with the community to get a feel for what's needed and lacking for options. Love it. Thanks very much!!
I am going to see if we can send you two versions. A wet/wet and also a wet/dry. See which one you like better.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to see if we can send you two versions. A wet/wet and also a wet/dry. See which one you like better.

I've got a spare 29 gallon not doing anything right now if you need another beta tester..

michael richards seinfeld GIF

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the difference between them? I'm not familiar with the wet/ dry on this application.
Wet dry Trickle filtration is the most effective biological filter. In the AIO'S you are familiar with the entire filter chamber is "wet" and the baffles just change the course of the water flow. This system is not bad but not as good as a full wet dry. In the wet/dry, there is a Trickle plate (a plate with holes in it) that sits atop the bio media chamber. As the water flow over the plate, it "trickles" down through the holes and over the bio media. This aerated water flow is most beneficial for the effective breakdown of waste by the bacteria that grow on the media.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a spare 29 gallon not doing anything right now if you need another beta tester..

michael richards seinfeld GIF
Kramer is riding a girl bike. Ok sure. Please send us your address and dimensions. We are making one that is 12x5x17-3/4. We can make one more for you. Before we go forward, are these good numbers?

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We should have this out to you later this week
F1E7F69F-8C36-457C-9D80-F0C7D59D1A91.jpeg

8494857A-06B2-4657-BB5D-06B37796DD42.jpeg

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kramer is riding a girl bike. Ok sure. Please send us your address and dimensions. We are making one that is 12x5x17-3/4. We can make one more for you. Before we go forward, are these good numbers?

The tank dimensions are: (outside)
30.25" x 12.5" x 18.75"

I don't need one, but if you are looking for someone to try one out from install to implementing I would be happy to exchange my honest feedback. My suggestion was intended as friendly banter, wasn't implying or expecting anything in return.

Now those lids for these 7.5gallons, however...
Excited Lets Go GIF

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me start by saying I am a fan of the way you designed this tank with customer input, and im sure you guys aren't making any money on the launch of these tanks (with the insane coupon code you gave on the first batch).

However, I received my Tenecor pico today, and honestly I'm quite disappointed in the build quality. See the photos I've attached. There are scratches all over the front acrylic, like scrap acrylic was used. This is how it appears after cleaning it up, those are all microscratches and larger scratches. Joints glued sloppily with lots of bubbles. The cuts are rough, like they were cut with a big tooth saw vs a CNC. At least one corner has a chip.

No leaks, it does hold water - but sorry, not impressed Tenecor. Maybe/hopefully this tank is just a fluke in terms of QC. On the plus side, I got the tank for like $20, and im only planning on using it for copepod breeding, so not a huge deal. But I would not be a happy camper if I had paid retail for an acrylic aquarium of this build quality.

IMG_0840.jpeg IMG_0841.jpeg IMG_0842.jpeg IMG_0843.jpeg IMG_0844.jpeg

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This version does not have a protein skimmer chamber which we usually put to the right of the AquaFoam in a dedicated. chamber. The wet/dry chamber is highly effective and this design can be scaled up or down. The largest tanks we put them into are in the 400+ range. The challenge in that size range is the water pressure on the filter wall (wet/dry means the bio chamber is under pressure) and the depth of the filter area itself. On our 48 inch high and higher tanks this design becomes a bit difficult to service unless we place the media in mesh bags. Chemical filtration can also be stacked under the AquaFoam. Again, it's all custom. Even better is a dual system. This built in full wet dry with a closed reverse flow undergravel circuit. So, yeah, there are tanks that can do what you want. We just need to advertise a bit more.

TENECOR SIMPLICITY AIO RECTANGULAR 36X15X16 BENT CORNER LBLU BLK BACK.jpg

TENECOR MODEL 8 FLAT BACK HEX AIO 19X10X19 DBLU RED BACK.jpg

This is our Model 8 with a full wet/dry. We sold over 300,000 of these little guys. It was the first saltwater I personally ever had. Raised sea cucumbers in it. Back then the lighting was an OSRAM Dulux CFL! The hobby has come a long way.

TENECOR SIMPLICITY AIO RECTANGULAR 96X24X30 SQUARE CORNER BLK CLR BACK.jpg

This is what we put into the larger 72 inch to 144 inch tanks. Dual Left/Right.
Very innovative. I don't think I've seen an AIO with wet/dry anywhere else. I like the way the filtration integrates with the eurobrace. Biggest problem I had with my 55s back in the 80s were getting things to fit. Started with in tank. Moved to modified HOB and finally just drilled them.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be great if small AIO's could implement some sort of closed loop type return system to eliminate the need for additional powerheads that takes up already limited space. Or an integrated random flow generator or water dispersal outlet of some sort.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me start by saying I am a fan of the way you designed this tank with customer input, and im sure you guys aren't making any money on the launch of these tanks (with the insane coupon code you gave on the first batch).

However, I received my Tenecor pico today, and honestly I'm quite disappointed in the build quality. See the photos I've attached. There are scratches all over the front acrylic, like scrap acrylic was used. This is how it appears after cleaning it up, those are all microscratches and larger scratches. Joints glued sloppily with lots of bubbles. The cuts are rough, like they were cut with a big tooth saw vs a CNC. At least one corner has a chip.

No leaks, it does hold water - but sorry, not impressed Tenecor. Maybe/hopefully this tank is just a fluke in terms of QC. On the plus side, I got the tank for like $20, and im only planning on using it for copepod breeding, so not a huge deal. But I would not be a happy camper if I had paid retail for an acrylic aquarium of this build quality.

IMG_0840.jpeg IMG_0841.jpeg IMG_0842.jpeg IMG_0843.jpeg
The seams you are showing are in the back and on the bottom. No not scrap acrylic. But here is where we differ. Please email us and we will replace your tank. No charge.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back