- Joined
- Oct 23, 2020
- Messages
- 6,793
- Reaction score
- 7,599
- Location
- BEEFINGHAM
- What state or country do you live in
- United Kingdom
Update. Was using the lanthanum, sodium hydroxide, salt regenerant since my last update. Phosphate remained at 0.4 to 0.5ppm, and would reliably increase if I left the bag too long.
Then I made 4 changes to my tank;
1) Probably 8 weeks ago I started wobbling temperature, allowing temp to drop to 25C ish at night. (Daytime 26.5C).
2) Around about the same time I changed the ratio of foods from 50:50 carnivore:herbivore pellets to 25:75 carnivore:herbivore. I also made a DIY frozen mush from herbivore pellets and fresh salmon, that I feed 3 times a week (everyone loves it).
3) I started adding flouride to my bicarb 2 part. I think I worked it out at 1000ppm to calcium carbonate production, but my brain don't work as well as it used to. It hasn't killed anything yet, at least.
4) 3 weeks ago I started to regenerate the sand with just RODI and table salt. I've tested the regenerant with Hanna, and the released phosphate has been a lowly 0.2 to 0.3. so this is fairly pointless, considering the low volume of liquid.
However, my tank phosphate has reduced to 0.3ppm over the last 3 or 4 weeks. My only means of export is 1.5% daily waterchanges. I guess my sand bag test has become surplus to requirements, but to check I'll remove the sand totally, which will save me a job, lol.
Then I made 4 changes to my tank;
1) Probably 8 weeks ago I started wobbling temperature, allowing temp to drop to 25C ish at night. (Daytime 26.5C).
2) Around about the same time I changed the ratio of foods from 50:50 carnivore:herbivore pellets to 25:75 carnivore:herbivore. I also made a DIY frozen mush from herbivore pellets and fresh salmon, that I feed 3 times a week (everyone loves it).
3) I started adding flouride to my bicarb 2 part. I think I worked it out at 1000ppm to calcium carbonate production, but my brain don't work as well as it used to. It hasn't killed anything yet, at least.
4) 3 weeks ago I started to regenerate the sand with just RODI and table salt. I've tested the regenerant with Hanna, and the released phosphate has been a lowly 0.2 to 0.3. so this is fairly pointless, considering the low volume of liquid.
However, my tank phosphate has reduced to 0.3ppm over the last 3 or 4 weeks. My only means of export is 1.5% daily waterchanges. I guess my sand bag test has become surplus to requirements, but to check I'll remove the sand totally, which will save me a job, lol.
