DI COLOR CHANGE RESIN

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You also need 2 check valves for the asov to function correctly.

One between the asov(out, side without screws) and input of the ro membrane with flow heading towards the ro membrane.

The second should be between the clean water coming from the ro membrane and the asov(in, side with screws) with flow heading towards the asov.

GSnake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I

everything is how it’s suppose to be. My pressure booster it’s not working. I might as well just quit. This isn’t for me
eBay or amazon
My local frag shop has good prices on equipment etc. Im sure there's something local for you to find

clm65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1579140805904.png

Before you give up, please humor me and tell me where the blue line leaving the left side of the shutoff valve is going.

And everything is NOT as it is supposed to be. You have your waste water going to your shutoff valve. Not that that by itself will cause the DI to be depleted quickly, but it shows that your plumbing in not 100% correct. So please answer the above question.

OP
OP
renato120

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1579140805904.png

Before you give up, please humor me and tell me where the blue line leaving the left side of the shutoff valve is going.

And everything is NOT as it is supposed to be. You have your waste water going to your shutoff valve. Not that that by itself will cause the DI to be depleted quickly, but it shows that your plumbing in not 100% correct. So please answer the above question.
The blue line is coming out of the membrane and going to the DI canister
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
renato120

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You also need 2 check valves for the asov to function correctly.

One between the asov(out, side without screws) and input of the ro membrane with flow heading towards the ro membrane.

The second should be between the clean water coming from the ro membrane and the asov(in, side with screws) with flow heading towards the asov.
Like this:
image.jpg

clm65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thanks for clarifying that the blue line leaving the shutoff valve goes to the DI. In the pic below, which you provided earlier, shows the line from the yellow fitting on the RO housing going to the shutoff valve. If this is the arrangement you had since day one, you were sending waste water to the DI. This would cause your DI to be depleted quickly. It looks like you have corrected that in your recent pictures. I think you are on your way to resolving this.

1579141895347.png

OP
OP
renato120

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thanks for clarifying that the blue line leaving the shutoff valve goes to the DI. In the pic below, which you provided earlier, shows the line from the yellow fitting on the RO housing going to the shutoff valve. If this is the arrangement you had since day one, you were sending waste water to the DI. This would cause your DI to be depleted quickly. It looks like you have corrected that in your recent pictures. I think you are on your way to resolving this.

1579141895347.png
I just turned on the rodi, and the waste line has so much water coming out. I don’t think this is right. When I pull the float valve. Nothing stops. Rodi waste water continues with the water

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question I'd like to ask is; where is your flow restrictor on the waste water line? There needs to be one. There's 2 types, barrel and capillary. The barrel type are obvious as can be. They look like this...
20200115_204200.jpg

It's the larger white round thing with 550 and an arrow on it.

This is a capillary...
20200115_204223.jpg

These fit inside of a push to connect hose and go into a fitting. You wont know it's there unless you look for it.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just turned on the rodi, and the waste line has so much water coming out. I don’t think this is right. When I pull the float valve. Nothing stops. Rodi waste water continues with the water

It should have lots more water coming out than the clean water hose. 3-4 times as much.

Activate the float and wait a minute or 2. If the water flow doesn't shut off, the auto shut off valve is bad. This is not unexpected. They can fail and should be replaced from time to time.

Do you have a shutoff valve for the ro/di system itself?

OP
OP
renato120

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question I'd like to ask is; where is your flow restrictor on the waste water line? There needs to be one. There's 2 types, barrel and capillary. The barrel type are obvious as can be. They look like this...
20200115_204200.jpg

It's the larger white round thing with 550 and an arrow on it.

This is a capillary...
20200115_204223.jpg

These fit inside of a push to connect hose and go into a fitting. You wont know it's there unless you look for it.
I don’t have either of those. Is that why my waste water has so much water pressure going tongue drain?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back