Diabolic Pacman

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these recent photos and how long between pics?...interesting color transitions without too much growth. I have experienced similar in the past.

So, does Hugo have the DP and Wolverine 2.0? And, are these the same as AOA Triton?

Have to agree with cultivatedcoral here. Before this came along a few years ago, I hadn't seen any other true yellow acros, but then again I wasn't really looking, because it didn't seem like they existed. Now there are quite a few.

Pics were not far apart. The second pic may have been with my iphone which tends to look too blue. It grew a bit beyond that but never really amassed into anything. When I first got the frag it had a more whitish base and only yellow on the tips and coralites. Over time it became a more solid yellow. Polyps were always red or reddish brown. I never saw any blue or dark tendencies to the base.

My new frag is pretty brown, but its getting better. I took a pic on day one and will take a pic in a few weeks to show progress. If its worthy, I'll post it here. I have my new frag mounted much higher and in more flow than the last one. So far so good. Only been a few weeks though:angel:

shlap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Pink Floyd

It looks more like the RR Pink Floyd than Wolverine. Got both of these from RRUSA. My camera doesn't really pick it up, but the polyps on the Pink Floyd are more bright pink where the Wolverine has more muted red polyps.

RRUSA Pink Floyd...
Pink FLoyd.jpg

RRUSA Wolverine...
Wovlerine.jpg

Pink FLoyd.jpg

Wovlerine.jpg

Last edited:

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks more like the RR Pink Floyd than Wolverine. Got both of these from RRUSA. My camera doesn't really pick it up, but the polyps on the Pink Floyd are more bright pink where the Wolverine has more muted red polyps.

RRUSA Pink Floyd...
Pink FLoyd.jpg

RRUSA Wolverine...
Wovlerine.jpg

Both are awesome looking corals....but honesty they look damm near identical to me

bustayanky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these recent photos and how long between pics?...interesting color transitions without too much growth. I have experienced similar in the past.

So, does Hugo have the DP and Wolverine 2.0? And, are these the same as AOA Triton?

I think the pictures were on same day but the second picture probably got touch on accident and it kind of closed up.
As for wolverine 2.0 and triton. I don't think they were the same cause I had both. But my frag was small so I can't say for sure. But the triton rtn'd after a month or 2.

OP
OP
Apisto

Apisto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although similar, I don't think that the DP and RR Pink Floyd are the same. Some time ago, slojmn and I compared the 2. She had quite a large colony of Pink Floyd.

shlap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both are awesome looking corals....but honesty they look damm near identical to me

I agree my little nubs look pretty similar in the photos. Once they grow out thought the growth pattern is completely different; different species.

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is starting to settle in after starting like hell. It's not there yet but it's progressing well so far....

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice!

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, not really. When I first got it it was very turdish and that's why I did not post a pic earlier. This is day 1 in my tank.....

OP
OP
Apisto

Apisto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I asked is that the base of mine is not a light color at all, especially in the shaded areas. I am not sure whether this is due to lighting, flow or contact with nearby corals.

You can see here:

It obviously is a stronger acropora species, as it has contacted and started to take over the adjoining Oregon Tort. That is a OT branch that it has grown over and it actually looks as if it is grafting a bit in the connection. I took a few frags from this connection and they are growing out now and look pretty interesting. Will post later.

Anyway, as yellow as my colony is, one of the really interesting features is the base color in certain areas. Came from the same seed as the others, so I would expect them to get some of this cool base:

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen the darker base in the tank I got my frag from. Time will tell how it behaves in mine. When I last had it the base was yellow to whitish depending. Yours looks amazing!

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one very similar to this. "Diabolic Pac-Man" was thrown around a little by the vendor I picked it up from. There was no lineage to the diabolic Pac-Man and it was not sold as one. It was just sold as the killer yellow acro with red polyps I just had to have [emoji1]

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neil, the color on the DP is looking really nice for you. Great Job!!! I'm hoping I'm on that list of yours.

OP
OP
Apisto

Apisto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine hasn't done much at all.

Looks like it is very healthy, but I am a little surprised that it hasn't encrusted more. mine is an encrusting maniac!

Neil, the color on the DP is looking really nice for you. Great Job!!! I'm hoping I'm on that list of yours.

Hey Alicia, Thanks and I will make sure that you get a piece. Talk to you soon.

The Diabolic Pacman is a real nice piece, wish my other tanks would be stable so I could get more acros.

You certainly aren't lacking for nice acros. I will say that IMO this coral is every bit as nice (if not more) as Wolverine, Pink Floyd, Pikachu, etc.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 71.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back