Diabolic Pacman

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it took off encrusting then stopped. PE has Horton better so that puts me at ease. I have changed up the lighting a bit since I got it but then it stalled. Actually, same think happened to my friends colony. Grew to a good sized minicolony (think small apple) then hasn't done much in a while. I'm still hopeful that one day it will wake up again.

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes every coral is nice in its own way. This one seems to be a very slow grower. I've noticed that if you don't mount the frags onto rock, the coral will grow more branches, as opposed to it just encrusting forever.

OP
OP
Apisto

Apisto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes every coral is nice in its own way. This one seems to be a very slow grower. I've noticed that if you don't mount the frags onto rock, the coral will grow more branches, as opposed to it just encrusting forever.

As per your suggestion, I started a new colony...kind of a back up on a center rack with a little more light. Encrusted the entire 2" plug then started shooting branches. The little frag to the right shows the amazing range of colors this coral is capable of...

Recent close-up of the original colony.

Last edited:

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such an amazing piece - along with the rest of your tank Neil. Bet they all will be enjoying the extra space :)
Always impressive! Great Job.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After years (literally) of trying to acquire this piece I can finally say I have it-It browned out while going through quarantine/dipping but has rebounded quite nicely and getting some really bright yellow and red to the polyps. I bought the Pink Floyd from Hung so the comparison will be interesting.

Glad to be part of this "group" now LOL

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After years (literally) of trying to acquire this piece I can finally say I have it-It browned out while going through quarantine/dipping but has rebounded quite nicely and getting some really bright yellow and red to the polyps. I bought the Pink Floyd from Hung so the comparison will be interesting.

Glad to be part of this "group" now LOL

I think the Pink Floyd and Diabolical PacMan will grow out to be quite different, but that colony shot above makes me wonder. It will be cool to see your photos down the road to show what the difference will be. I love the Pink Floyd but the Diabolical PacMan is an awesome piece. A Must Have!!!

Last edited:

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a little problem with photobucket.

Here is the recent pic of the new back-up colony.

Neil, That looks fantastic. My piece has made a wonderful comeback from my little disturbance to it. It seems it was not really dead in that whole area. Its almost back to normal. My piece looks dead on exactly like your pic above. My grow out nubs are not quite as big as yours in the picture though. It loves the light!! I wish I could take pictures like you.

OP
OP
Apisto

Apisto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neil, That looks fantastic. My piece has made a wonderful comeback from my little disturbance to it. It seems it was not really dead in that whole area. Its almost back to normal. My piece looks dead on exactly like your pic above. My grow out nubs are not quite as big as yours in the picture though. It loves the light!! I wish I could take pictures like you.

I am so glad to hear that. I have been wondering how all that went. Yes, it does seem to handle as much as you can give it.

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone tried to compare this to the WWC Afterparty?

I have both but my WWC Afterparty is still a small frag and in a totally different part of my tank. It may not be a fair comparison once it grows up.

Neil, My Diabolic Pacman has made a full recovery from the little "incident" with the saw and such. This doesn't do it justice at all because the blues and grays don't show up too well. My camera is just a point a shoot for the most part and wouldn't get any closer for a macro shot. I need to break out the good camera and get some shots of it. It is such a nice piece.

Diabolic Pacman 3-22-16.jpg

OP
OP
Apisto

Apisto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both but my WWC Afterparty is still a small frag and in a totally different part of my tank. It may not be a fair comparison once it grows up.

Neil, My Diabolic Pacman has made a full recovery from the little "incident" with the saw and such. This doesn't do it justice at all because the blues and grays don't show up too well. My camera is just a point a shoot for the most part and wouldn't get any closer for a macro shot. I need to break out the good camera and get some shots of it. It is such a nice piece.

Diabolic Pacman 3-22-16.jpg

Hey Alicia,
So glad to hear there was no real problem with that incident. And, WOW, that thing has really grown since then. Looking great!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back