Diamond goby suddenly died???!?

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
He was fine I literally fend him maybe 2hrs ago just was looking in tank found him not moving so I quickly removed him and put him in his own water in a container I recently swapped to a new tank and he really was living in swapped from a 20gal to a 33 long all other fish seem okay this was so random I did wake up early in the morning and did here like he tried jumping out but he was still okay swimming around so idk

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
He was fine I literally fend him maybe 2hrs ago just was looking in tank found him not moving so I quickly removed him and put him in his own water in a container I recently swapped to a new tank and he really was living in swapped from a 20gal to a 33 long all other fish seem okay this was so random I did wake up early in the morning and did here like he tried jumping out but he was still okay swimming around so idk
Could be several things:
Osmotic shock from transfer
Crashed into an object from being startled in new environment
Ammonia spike
stray voltage

OP
OP
Stephen8169301

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Could be several things:
Osmotic shock from transfer
Crashed into an object from being startled in new environment
Ammonia spike
stray voltage
I think I might have to go with him trying to jump out this morning and he just hit way to hard

Rookums Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I might have to go with him trying to jump out this morning and he just hit way to hard
If it's any consolation, I'm surprised my goby even alive at this point! He's bounced off the lids and into my overflows so many times it's unreal! So at some point I could see a traumatic injury happening, either way sorry for your loss.

OP
OP
Stephen8169301

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
If it's any consolation, I'm surprised my goby even alive at this point! He's bounced off the lids and into my overflows so many times it's unreal! So at some point I could see a traumatic injury happening, either way sorry for your loss.
Thanks appreciate it yeah I think I’m going with maybe a less of a jumper maybe a star fish lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%

Back