Diamond Watchman Goby help..

Ramiro Casal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got my fist ever Diamond watchman goby, it was all fun and games until he started moving around the sand. I know that is how they get food but now my tank is completely sandy and looks like I added the sand yesterday. Will he do this all the time or will he stop making such a mess once he properly acclimates to the new environment?
Thank you for the help

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like he's probably not a great choice to begin with since that's typical behavior for them – pretty much what they're known for. :)

But it sounds like he might also be in too small a tank if it only too you one night to come to this conclusion! :)

I'd see if the LFS will swap you for something else.

thebullyshop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it a few days, mine did that to my 75 gallon the first couple days, in about 3 days my sand was cleaned up and he keeps it that way

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a gold head sleeper goby who'd cover everything with sand. It was his 9-5 job and his pasttime as well! I had to remove him when I went fallow. When the dt and display refugium were ready, he went into the refugium where he can displace all the sand he wants and it won't cover my corals!!

Back