Diatom filter for treating external parasites?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, ok, ok, ok, lol. :rolleyes: Just wondered cuz it advertised to make the water to an ultra clean state.

Yeah, we all know what advertising is about! (I have a marketing degree and an MBA but I can't help picking on it here)

moulton1853

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, we all know what advertising is about! (I have a marketing degree and an MBA but I can't help picking on it here)
I know, I also took marketing in college. It would be a good experiment if someone has a filter to run it in a 5 gallon bucket and test just to see what it's capable of though. It would tell you what elements it stripped out of the water so you know what to replace them with.

Harold Green

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about it Randy, are there many chemicals found in our water supply that are large enough to be removed by an diatom filter?

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not a chemist like Randy, but I can tell you a diatom filter is a mechanical device capable of only removing particles. No chemicals will be removed. I have run the thing on my tank for weeks at a time. It is a fantastic (filter) but nothing more. It will remove red tide, parasites, some bacteria and bats. But nothing else.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I posted before and humblefish can verify this is the only true site that there is no b.s. and that no one slams you for your opinion.
Also there are more people that are willing to help if you don't know what to do (like me lol)
This is quite true

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife eats gluten free and the bread is pretty bad. I like the flour though as it makes good muffins and pancakes.
I have been around way before forums and even computers so people trying to argue with me don't perturb me at all. I just look them in the eye and hit "delete".

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then I must be very smart because a lot of people think I am very crazy. :eek:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back