Diefs 120 Peninsula

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the water is making noise as it drains through the weir into the internal (inside your tank) box?

If that is the case, sounds like your bean is draining a little too fast. You should be able to slow the main drain down some. This should raise the water level inside both the boxes some.

OP
OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the water is making noise as it drains through the weir into the internal (inside your tank) box?

If that is the case, sounds like your bean is draining a little too fast. You should be able to slow the main drain down some. This should raise the water level inside both the boxes some.
That is exactly correct but to do that I have to raise the emergency and that puts the water line right at the top of the box when it overruns the bean. Bought had a heart attack yesterday when i was trying to get this thing calmed down.
It keep reaching for the top :).

I get off work in a bit and will be able to work on it. I'll update later with results of all the suggestions.

Thx!!

OP
OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i have it almost silent.. Just have a slight trickle sound but the only way to get rid of it is t get a different overflow.
First I had to drill a bigger hole in the durso so it would react faster. Then I had to raise the secondary tube almost a half inch to slow the trickle noise and that put the emergency right at 1/4 below the top. Dont care for that but thats what I got.

Thx for all the suggestions earlier!
Love you folks;Couchpotato;Couchpotato;Couchpotato

OP
OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change on the Frag ,120 and Cube. Water change last night on Fish QT. Moving some water.... :cool:
Now I have to drain the mixing station, clean it and mix another box!!
Shhs.. This is like work :p:p

Fish room is a mess but just a little plumbing left so I can turn valves and do water changes and then we get the room cleaned up. Maybe a few Auto changers in the future and this can be a hobby instead of a second job;)

20210526_191106.jpg

120 is still a little cloudy after moving some sand around but looking good!!
20210526_192250.jpg

Been a long build but its almost time to just enjoy the ride!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots to do today!! After filling the 120 peninsula it went from being an 1/8inch high on the floor side to being an 1/8inch low on the floor side. Not sure if I need to worry about that or not but dont like it not being perfectly level :(
Going to see if I can shim between the beam and floor in the basement to raise it a bit. Have to add some ammonia to the 120 and make sure its cycled before we move the fish over. loaded it with pre-cycled rock in the sump and added bottle bac to the tank so we will see.

Hang a light, clean up some wires, maybe get some golf in..

Have a Great day folks!

OP
OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spent 2 days getting a GHL Doser 2.1 setup and working correctly..
Found out the second day it needed a code update so it would register the hot spot correctly on the wifi. grrr
Good thing I know networking or it would have been even worse!
Got some temporary fill containers in place and dialing in the doses.

20210601_105608.jpg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what I was thinking. We dipped everything when they came in so should have gotten it but guess somethings could have gotten through. thinking about dipping him again.
Seen something like this not to long ago. Curious to see whats inside. I cant remember but I think it was bunch of bugs burrowing in skeleton. Dips didn't help.
Can you cut it off?

OP
OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seen something like this not to long ago. Curious to see whats inside. I cant remember but I think it was bunch of bugs burrowing in skeleton. Dips didn't help.
Can you cut it off?
Well... We have not done any fraging yet so guess we would just cut above the hole and glue back to new plug??

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... We have not done any fraging yet so guess we would just cut above the hole and glue back to new plug??
Honestly I've never fragged one. Id let a cpl other cronies chime in on that. Looks like you can though.
Honestly the last thread I seen with burrow holes in skeleton wasn't good. Once cut was lots of something bad burrowing inside.

OP
OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I've never fragged one. Id let a cpl other cronies chime in on that. Looks like you can though.
Honestly the last thread I seen with burrow holes in skeleton wasn't good. Once cut was lots of something bad burrowing inside.
@TDiefRN would be upset if I took out one of her corals. I do hate the plug on this one though. came in with lots of algae and dip didn't kill it all.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you cut it off?
I think this was borrowing worms in a euphyllia that didn't survive.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%

Back