Diefs 120 Peninsula

TDiefRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good morning ,pics above ,is that black or green spots ?
Hard to say now....
20220731_083046.jpg

20220731_083234.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
not uncommon for toads to rip their heads apart, base looks good,
keep an eye on tear, black is not good if starts to spread take exacto knife and carve out black tissue
best out of tank ,but if not possible run extra carbon for a couple days after doing.
@Eagle_Steve we can use your eyes here.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep an eye on tear, black is not good if starts to spread take exacto knife and carve out black tissue
best out of tank ,but if not possible run extra carbon for a couple days after doing.
I have had them do this when they “rip” themselves apart to split. Just watch it and make sure no black spots (rotting) and if it starts to split, best to take a scalpel and just finish it. Makes it much easier on the toad.

TDiefRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have had them do this when they “rip” themselves apart to split. Just watch it and make sure no black spots (rotting) and if it starts to split, best to take a scalpel and just finish it. Makes it much easier on the toad.
Thanks guys, currently out of town for the week so unfortunately the toad is on his own. Hopefully his split goes smoothly! Fingers crossed! I'll post an update when we get back.

Rich finally has everything automated, the only thing missing is a Webcam at this point.

TDiefRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you check Salty Underground for Bergiah? I got some from them for my lagoon tank, took them a bit but they cleared the aips. They probably have a sale going on this weekend too…
About how long did it take? Still not seeing any improvement here :crying-face:

Last edited:

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About how long did it take? Still not seeing any improvement here :crying-face:
Sorry, didn’t get a notification :face-with-rolling-eyes:…it took a while, but I only had 2 bergiahs in a 25 gallon tank…I didn’t even think mine were still alive for a while, didn’t see them in the tank until about week 4…then saw them both trucking it across the glass…then I started noticing aips were slowly disappearing. That being said, I didn’t have a whole lot of aips, maybe a couple dozen and most were small.

TDiefRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, didn’t get a notification :face-with-rolling-eyes:…it took a while, but I only had 2 bergiahs in a 25 gallon tank…I didn’t even think mine were still alive for a while, didn’t see them in the tank until about week 4…then saw them both trucking it across the glass…then I started noticing aips were slowly disappearing. That being said, I didn’t have a whole lot of aips, maybe a couple dozen and most were small.
Darn, ok, thanks. It's been 2 months now. We haven't seen them since we put them in the tank. The first few weeks I noticed a few aip disappearing here and there but nothing since. Now it's getting out of control. :crying-face:

I ordered more along with some eggs which should be here Thursday. We're going get some peppermint shrimp if it doesn't work.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
good morning guys...:)
when you get time manually test params ,not from apex...;)

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was the plan. Took them hours to all leave the jar...

Edit: Actually laid more eggs in the process!!
Fantastic! In the transition to the cube, I originally planned to move infested rock over w/ a couple peppermint before the abusers go in. Then I realized I was dumb, and instead I'll move the infested rock over with a herd of nudis before the fish move over (my dusky and marine betta are being kept in the move and they both think the nudis and shrimps are fine dining). Hoping I can clear out my infestation that way from any rock I wanted to keep. Where did you get yours? I previously purchased from salty

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back