Diefs 120 Peninsula

TDiefRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic! In the transition to the cube, I originally planned to move infested rock over w/ a couple peppermint before the abusers go in. Then I realized I was dumb, and instead I'll move the infested rock over with a herd of nudis before the fish move over (my dusky and marine betta are being kept in the move and they both think the nudis and shrimps are fine dining). Hoping I can clear out my infestation that way from any rock I wanted to keep. Where did you get yours? I previously purchased from salty
We got them from reef town since they are closer to us.

OP
OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic! In the transition to the cube, I originally planned to move infested rock over w/ a couple peppermint before the abusers go in. Then I realized I was dumb, and instead I'll move the infested rock over with a herd of nudis before the fish move over (my dusky and marine betta are being kept in the move and they both think the nudis and shrimps are fine dining). Hoping I can clear out my infestation that way from any rock I wanted to keep. Where did you get yours? I previously purchased from salty
We got both our orders from Reeftown.com Jeff was awesome both time and everything came through as expected and on time.

OP
OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
74bf720b84761c3a3472f0ee04e8dd7b.jpg

OP
OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Arent you supposed to be working also?????

Arent I supposed to be working?????
Actually pretty funny. I'm working with a group on learning paths for new hires. I'm reviewing before release.Since I've taken all the courses long ago, they are showing all completed for me. Then we get to the testing which is monitored and locked down I get a 45% on the San Technologies and Fundamentals :eek:
Guess I better review before I take the tests!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually pretty funny. I'm working with a group on learning paths for new hires. I'm reviewing before release.Since I've taken all the courses long ago, they are showing all completed for me. Then we get to the testing which is monitored and locked down I get a 45% on the San Technologies and Fundamentals :eek:
Guess I better review before I take the tests!
What, you cant remember FCP, iSCSI, FCoE, FC-NVMe, AHCI?

What is funny is that I am more on the sales side now, but have an extensive tech background. HPE Master ASE or Compute, Storage and Solutions Architecture, HPE ATP Greenlake Admin, Cisco CCAR, Aruba ACMX, ACDX, Ekahau Expert, and a few more.

Funny to think that a redneck Jarhead know more than just eating crayons lol. Sadly, those certs will all expire and I will not re-up them, excluding the CCaR and the Ekahau stuff.

OP
OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What, you cant remember FCP, iSCSI, FCoE, FC-NVMe, AHCI?

What is funny is that I am more on the sales side now, but have an extensive tech background. HPE Master ASE or Compute, Storage and Solutions Architecture, HPE ATP Greenlake Admin, Cisco CCAR, Aruba ACMX, ACDX, Ekahau Expert, and a few more.

Funny to think that a redneck Jarhead know more than just eating crayons lol. Sadly, those certs will all expire and I will not re-up them, excluding the CCaR and the Ekahau stuff.
I stopped chasing certs after I paid 10k for schooling and MS decided to retire the cert after two years.

The questions that get me are stuff like "Which fibre channel layer is not included in FCoE" Who Cares!!!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped chasing certs after I paid 10k for schooling and MS decided to retire the cert after two years.

The questions that get me are stuff like "Which fibre channel layer is not included in FCoE" Who Cares!!!
I didnt pay for a single cert. All of them were due to me working directly with the manufacturers to install, manage and sell their equipment. My previous employer paid for all of them and my current employer is keeping the ones I want to keep up at no charge to me.

In regards to the second part, I agree. What does it matter, as most FCOE is write at 128Gbits/. Does that layer really matter, as the drives cannot write any faster lol.

TDiefRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been awhile since we've posted...we're getting a little frustrated fighting the aiptasia, bubble algae, cyano, and bryopsis.
Nudis were a bust, they go in on a mission never to be seen again...meanwhile the F'n aips are multiplying faster than rabbits.
If we could get the mushrooms off the rocks we'd probably nuke the tank and just start over in the cube.

Our current plan is to get a better CUC and pray the peppermint shrimp can do the job.
On top of it all all the torches in the cube decided to die.

I'm really tired of looking at a tank that makes me sad :crying-face:

20220911_133417.jpg
20220911_133440.jpg
20220910_192259.jpg

The toad finally finished splitting. We put the pieces in the frag tank, we'll see if they survive.

Oh, and our nem split this morning, have to wait and see where the 2 decide to settle and hope they don't kill anyone. The clowns can't decide which to host and keep going back n forth between them!
20220911_134319.jpg

Still lurking around other builds every week at least so I'm not too far behind!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been awhile since we've posted...we're getting a little frustrated fighting the aiptasia, bubble algae, cyano, and bryopsis.
Nudis were a bust, they go in on a mission never to be seen again...meanwhile the F'n aips are multiplying faster than rabbits.
If we could get the mushrooms off the rocks we'd probably nuke the tank and just start over in the cube.

Our current plan is to get a better CUC and pray the peppermint shrimp can do the job.
On top of it all all the torches in the cube decided to die.

I'm really tired of looking at a tank that makes me sad :crying-face:

20220911_133417.jpg
20220911_133440.jpg
20220910_192259.jpg

The toad finally finished splitting. We put the pieces in the frag tank, we'll see if they survive.

Oh, and our nem split this morning, have to wait and see where the 2 decide to settle and hope they don't kill anyone. The clowns can't decide which to host and keep going back n forth between them!
20220911_134319.jpg

Still lurking around other builds every week at least so I'm not too far behind!
CBB for the aips.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rebiotic helped when I had cyano in the big cade.

Get emeralds from reefcleaners - only place I've been able to get them from that successfully ate bubble algae.

I used to struggle with bryopsis in my tank until I added the ATS. That won. Not sure if you have space, but that was a recommendation from @sp1187 and it worked beautifully.

OP
OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a copperband butterfly today since the aptasia has gotten so out of hand. I pulled every coral out of the cube with the exception of two sets of mushrooms which will just have to try and survive..

Ordered 8 Peppermint shrimp and a few Emerald crabs which came in today with a few more cleaners for the 120. All from Dr. Reefs Quarantined Fish
Emerald Crab
Peppermint Shrimp
Court Jester Goby (Rainfordi) - Quarantined (this little guy is not happy yet and just sitting in bottom of tank getting blown around so I had to move him to the frag tank downstairs to watch him for a bit)
Sleeper Banded Goby - Quarantined
One Spot Foxface - Quarantined

Will need to get a few better pictures later when i can clean the glass :)
20221027_155422.jpg

20221027_155411.jpg
20221027_161935.jpg

TDiefRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rebiotic helped when I had cyano in the big cade.

Get emeralds from reefcleaners - only place I've been able to get them from that successfully ate bubble algae.

I used to struggle with bryopsis in my tank until I added the ATS. That won. Not sure if you have space, but that was a recommendation from @sp1187 and it worked beautifully.
ATS?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back