Difference between octospawn and frogspawn.

  • Thread starter Thread starter slate744
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Can you keep frogspawn and octospawn together or do they need space from each other?
yes you can. I have many of these together

600g progress j.jpg
660g 3.30d.jpg
 
Octospawns and Frogspawns are different species; Octos are Fimbriaphyllia yaeyamensis, and Frogspawns are F. (para)divisa. Octospawns have multiple acrospheres drawn tight to the tentacle, while Frogspawns have few acrospheres, which are on the end of branching/bifurcated tentacles.
Fimbriaphyllia yaeyamensis, North Sulawesi | Credit: Rinaldi Gotama
1713829503425.png

Fimbriaphyllia cf paradivisa, Batangas | Credit: Ingo Rogalla
1713829683725.png
 
You mean there's now any easier way to add to "never buy from this vendor" list..... nice!
Can’t even remember what vendor but I immediately left their site because prices were a little ridiculous
 
Oooo look a KING frogspawn

IMG_7689.png
I actually asked a vendor once to explain the name and their reply was "that's what the wholesaler called it." I wanted to reply, "then you got scammed" but didn't... That was back when I was nicer ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new