Digital Aquatics Archon

Nubbs01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please Pm me if you are willing to send me your Usb files. I believe that is the next step to try.

Thanks@
Jason

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost my connection to my router. When I reset it i can connect to my laptop but I am unable to get it back to configure to my network. Any ideas?

55e296eb4c8f010cfb1293487273faf5.jpg
6b6b57557e3f6d950ad729bfa7017624.jpg
I am not sure what you mean. What are the screen shots for? Can you connect to the Archon wifi hotspot? If so you can enter your wireless info. Just remember the info will not show up anymore once the webpage is updated. This is normal and not a problem.

Nubbs01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I can connect to the Archon hotspot after hitting the reset button. I enter my WiFi info I can see that it is connected in my router however I can not gain access to the Archon once it is on t he WiFi. No matter what I try I always time out without it ever asking for a password or username.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should not have to hit the reset button anymore. The hotspot should be there anyway. Have you checked the memory stick on a computer? Also try copying the files to a different memory stick.

Nubbs01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I have tried different memory sticks.

Not sure what you mean by the hotspot should be there anyway. Once the Archon appears to connect to the router I no longer see the Archon as a hot spot

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep, I can connect to the Archon hotspot after hitting the reset button. I enter my WiFi info I can see that it is connected in my router however I can not gain access to the Archon once it is on t he WiFi. No matter what I try I always time out without it ever asking for a password or username.
I went through this a couple of months ago. The Archon kept dropping from my network and I kept resetting it. The settings finally stuck when I reconfigured it from my laptop instead of from my smartphone. Also, it's more stable with Firefox vs Internet Explorer.

Once you configure your IP address on your network, close your browser and navigate to the web page using the IP address assigned to the Archon. If you are having problems, double-check what port is assigned (default is port 80). Also a good idea to log into your router and confirm the IP address and port number assigned.

Nubbs01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you reconfigure it from you laptop was this over WiFi or a direct connection?

Everything I have been trying has been with a laptop. I have tried both chrome and explorer.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you reconfigure it from you laptop was this over WiFi or a direct connection?

Everything I have been trying has been with a laptop. I have tried both chrome and explorer.
Please .... Use Firefox from a Windows PC for the best success. It just works best for the initial. Then you can do Firefox on Android

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Over WiFi. FWIW, I assigned a static (dedicated) IP address to the Archon in my router settings

Nubbs01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I have a static ip assigned as well as port forwarding. It was working fine for months then I accidentally hit the update button. It updated and I have not been able to get back on over the router just through the hotspot.

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok, I have a static ip assigned as well as port forwarding. It was working fine for months then I accidentally hit the update button. It updated and I have not been able to get back on over the router just through the hotspot.
If you already double-checked your IP and port settings and everything is correct, then you might have to bite the bullet and reinstall the factory files on your USB.

One last thing to check before going nuclear - have you checked if your firewall is blocking the connection?

Nubbs01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep firewall is good. Would you be willing to send me the files if you have them? I was already going to try that but am unable to download them and I can't find my original backup.

Nubbs01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the files, thanks!

Are there any special things with using a non original usp stick?

I loaded the files on a spare USB and am not able to log in. Put the exact same files on the original and I can.

Thoughts?

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got the files, thanks!

Are there any special things with using a non original usp stick?

I loaded the files on a spare USB and am not able to log in. Put the exact same files on the original and I can.

Thoughts?
That's very strange. Did you format the spare usb? What size is it?

Nubbs01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I just renamed it to "ARCHON" and copied the files. Do I need to format it?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back