OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is good information. I just set up a nitrate reduction reactor and have read on other threads that there is a way to control the amount of carbon dosing using the ORP probe.
What kind of reactor are you using? With the sulfur-based reactors, many people connect an aqualifter pump to the inlet and have the controller turn it on when the ORP value drops below ~ -170. I'm going to attempt similar control via a DP1 pump to regulate the drip rate and increase it when the ORP value drops. Implementation is in the works - I just set up my reactor this weekend and I'm waiting for it to cycle. I'll update status after I get it up and functional.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if the DP1 will hold to continuous use. Can you do it off a timer and then setup an alarm to stop the DP1 if it is above -170.

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's going to be interesting trying to accomplish this with the DP1. At least initially, the sulfur reactor needs to run at about 1 drop per second. After nitrates are reduced, I have read the sweet spot can be anywhere from 3 drops per second to an almost steady stream. Thus, why I need to wait for the reactor to establish.
Assuming 1 drop/sec, that's about 5 mls/min. The Dp1's minimum dosage is 15 mls/min. I'm still figuring out the math, but I assume I'll have to set it up on a timer to run for 5 seconds at a time, 3 times per minute.
Although my thoughts for using the DP1 are to provide a consistent flow rate, your idea (in reverse) might make better sense to just increase flow via the DP1 when there's too much oxygen depletion (although an aqualifter pump would be a much cheaper way to accomplish this). Do you happen to know whether the feed stream will pass through the DP1 when it's off?

Last edited:

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DP1 seals very well so I would say no on flow when off. I use them for ATO and water change. The ATO is on a timer 3min every 30min on the float switch function. The float turns it off if it is full.

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm having another issue with the Archon. Every 2-3 weeks it loses the connection with the router. The router still recognizes it (I have it on a reserved IP but not static).
When this happens, I have to push the reset button and reconfigure the port and wireless settings. It reconfigures to the same IP address every time.
After doing this, it reconnects fine but it causes havoc with remote access.
Has anyone else dealt with this or know of a solution?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, had to move the port from 80 to 7092 from internet side. I did it with port forwarding on the router. I also reserved a IP address for the Archon on the router.

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I changed the internal port to 5040, then pointed it to port 2119 via port forwarding in the router. Works fine for 2-3 weeks, then I lose the connection

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not change the internal port. In fact I did not change anything on the Archon. It was all done on the router. I have not had an issue since.

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm wondering if the issue might be when the ddns license renews but then why would I also lose the connection on the local network?

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds similar to what I’ve experienced. Everything was fine, then one day nada. Still haven’t been able to actually sit and call with the storm and holiday madness. I’m only able to access it through its own hotspot.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you pressing the reset button? Just power it down and back up. Try a different port. I was using port 80 when I had the issue and switched to 7092. I have not had this issue in months.

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why are you pressing the reset button? Just power it down and back up. Try a different port. I was using port 80 when I had the issue and switched to 7092. I have not had this issue in months.
Hitting the reset button seems easier than pulling the plug and power cycling everything connected to it (plus, not sure but I think I tried it once with no luck). Eric at DA suggested port 5040 but I'll try changing it to see if it corrects the problem

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resetting it will loose the settings. powering it down and back up it should still connect without setting it up again. Another thing to try is changing the USB memory stick. Just copy the files from the old one to a folder on a computer then copy them to a different USB memory stick. That is worth a try.

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to this forum and I actually finally decided ti join so I could ask some questions about this controller.

I have always used the reef keeper controllers and I still have a RK2 on my 95g.
I am setting up my dream tank in the next few weeks, a 180g. I ordered a Reef Keeper Lite Plus with the SLX module and just today I realized this new WIFI controller was available. Is it worth it to order the Archon now? Could I use the display for the lite as the display for the Archon? Since all of the equipment is backwards compatible I could still use everything I have but gain the ability to change things while I am away from home. Is this a correct assumption? Do I need to buy any other modules to control my RW-15 Jaebo pumps? Thanks in advance for helping me out.

I am unsure if I should spend the extra money, but really like the idea of seeing how my tank is doing from work.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to this forum and I actually finally decided ti join so I could ask some questions about this controller.

I have always used the reef keeper controllers and I still have a RK2 on my 95g.
I am setting up my dream tank in the next few weeks, a 180g. I ordered a Reef Keeper Lite Plus with the SLX module and just today I realized this new WIFI controller was available. Is it worth it to order the Archon now? Could I use the display for the lite as the display for the Archon? Since all of the equipment is backwards compatible I could still use everything I have but gain the ability to change things while I am away from home. Is this a correct assumption? Do I need to buy any other modules to control my RW-15 Jaebo pumps? Thanks in advance for helping me out.

I am unsure if I should spend the extra money, but really like the idea of seeing how my tank is doing from work.
I think the Archon is worth it. I believe you will need the DCI to interface with you pumps. Also I would suggest getting the IOE module. The SLX and PB4's will work with the Archon. You can get the Archon head unit and power pack without getting a whole system to upgrade. The RKL head unit will not work with the Archon but it is not needed anyway. Check out my build thread. I go into setup and programming. It also has screenshots with computer, iPad and Android phone.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%

Back