Digital Aquatics Archon

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EuroDriver thanks for the info. I know Eric worked out the programming issues with the ALC when I first set up the Archon. Is the RJ cable just a standard phone cable? I was thinking about getting the IOE module but didn't think I would have a need for it. I don't have DC pumps and from what I can see from the current DC offerings the controls are built into the pumps rather than on the standard controllers that come with them. I do use an APC module with a DCI to control my Jebao's. I have had the controllers for these pumps die early but the APC seems to keep going and going.

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't remember if the 0-10v input is the phone cable or ethernet type. The IOE is great because it breaks out the inputs and becomes push connectors so all you need to do is push the wires in. Otherwise look at the connector, splice the wires and solder them to the molex connector for the ALC

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I use the Archon does it have the capability of controlling the Sol's blue and white channels separately? The ALC controls the both blue channels together and the white channel separately. I have it wired to the ALC as shown in someone's post on the DA forum.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ALC is a module and uses the normal DA buss cables. The output of the ALC use MicroFit 3.0 Molex connectors. Two of the 0-10v outputs on the Archon use the same output connectors as the APC. APC cables will work for these. The other two are in the RJ45 connectors on the Archon along with 4 switch inputs and 2 PWM outputs. If you plan to use any of these then I would suggest getting the IOE. The IOE comes with 2 cables to connect to the Archon if I remember correctly. I didn't use those. The were to long for my system and I made the ones I am using.

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In order to do that, you would need to wire your whites and blues on separate channels. Otherwise, you might be better off sticking with the ALC. I have the Hydra 52's so I haven't really played around with that feature since there is no direct controllability. I tried the ALC and now use the Archon directly to control dimmable T5s

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The SOL Blue is not 0-10v. That is the issue. It is controlled by a serial data stream from the ALC. The Archon does not have this. AI does not use this interface any longer either if I remember correctly.

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well I'll stick with the ALC then. I just read your build thread, specifically the controller section, Danny. Great information.

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I finally have the timer issue resolved with the Sols. I increased the off time and today it seems to be finally working correctly. I noticed last night that my T-5's were on at 10:00PM which is wrong. I found out the box was checked for run at night. This wasn't checked before. Sometimes I've noticed that programming changes without me doing anything. Does anyone else have this happen to them with the Archon?

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think I finally have the timer issue resolved with the Sols. I increased the off time and today it seems to be finally working correctly. I noticed last night that my T-5's were on at 10:00PM which is wrong. I found out the box was checked for run at night. This wasn't checked before. Sometimes I've noticed that programming changes without me doing anything. Does anyone else have this happen to them with the Archon?
Yeah I've noticed a couple of quirks like that, the main one being that the clock time is suddenly way off. Usually a reboot takes care of such things.
What they recommend is that you pull the USB drive and repair it on your computer (back it up first). I did that a couple of times and still had an error here and there but everything has been stable now for a few weeks

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just completed using Danny's method to calibrate my pH probes that had previously locked up at 7.00 or some other random number. His method worked like a charm. I'm now cleaning one of my display probes and will re-calibrate my calcium reactor probe using this method. You guys should write a book of hacks for the Archon. I'm loving the system. Thanks again for everyone's help.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just completed using Danny's method to calibrate my pH probes that had previously locked up at 7.00 or some other random number. His method worked like a charm. I'm now cleaning one of my display probes and will re-calibrate my calcium reactor probe using this method. You guys should write a book of hacks for the Archon. I'm loving the system. Thanks again for everyone's help.
No problem glad to help.

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have another question. Does anyone know how you remove the names of modules that are no longer on your system? I've removed some of my modules but the names remain listed on the Inputs and Outputs tabs.

Thanks.

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have another question. Does anyone know how you remove the names of modules that are no longer on your system? I've removed some of my modules but the names remain listed on the Inputs and Outputs tabs.

Thanks.
I would really like to know this as well

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks.
System folder has a modules file that has them listed. Ports.run houses all the programming you setup. It's been a long while but I believe you will have to power down archon, pull the drive and edit those files. But if you delete a module, it will mess up the port orders because it won't line up and will mess up programming if you don't do it back correctly. I know you can rename the modules in the modules file just not delete them.

Hope that makes sense. If you have several, I would advise just a factory reset and reprogram.

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I’ll take the coward’s way out and leave it alone. It’s running smoothly as is. No need to give myself any grief. Thanks for the reply though.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like it would be more trouble than it's worth. It won't hurt anything having a few detached modules.

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a quick question. I am going to be setting up my Archon in the next few days and I have 3 of the PB4 outlet bars. Do each one of them need to be hooked to the Archon or can I simply daisy chain them and just hook the last one to the controller? Also I have the DCI and the SLX module. I am assuming that they plug into the controller using the bus ports? Thank you.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back