OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They can be plugged in directly to the Archon or daisy-chained through any of the bus ports. With the old RKE it was recommended that the power bars not be daisy-chained directly to one another but I have not heard that the same is true with the Archon.

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be plugged in directly to the Archon or daisy-chained through any of the bus ports. With the old RKE it was recommended that the power bars not be daisy-chained directly to one another but I have not heard that the same is true with the Archon.

They can Daisy chain. Put the slx with a pb4 between it and the archon. Do the same for dci.

Thank you both!!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Archon does not supply power to the buss so make sure you have a source of power on any daisy chained group via a PB4.

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Archon does not supply power to the buss so make sure you have a source of power on any daisy chained group via a PB4.

Ok, let me make sure I am understanding you. So I should plug my SLX into a PB4 and then the PB4 into the Archon?

Thanks.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, let me make sure I am understanding you. So I should plug my SLX into a PB4 and then the PB4 into the Archon?

Thanks.

That would be OK. Just make sure any string of modules has enough power to run all the non powered modules in that string. The PB4's provide power to other modules. The Archon has it's own power pack so power to it is not a problem. Just don't add the SLX to it own string off the Archon or any other non powered as far as that goes. A SLX and a PB4 on the same string is OK. In fact there would be enough power on the string to add more non powered modules also. You could put all the modules in one string off the Archon if you want.

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be OK. Just make sure any string of modules has enough power to run all the non powered modules in that string. The PB4's provide power to other modules. The Archon has it's own power pack so power to it is not a problem. Just don't add the SLX to it own string off the Archon or any other non powered as far as that goes. A SLX and a PB4 on the same string is OK. In fact there would be enough power on the string to add more non powered modules also. You could put all the modules in one string off the Archon if you want.

Ok great! I understand. I found a really good video on Youtube by someone named Lindsey that is very helpful. I am determined to learn how to use this and all of its capabilities!!

Thanks for your help.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok great! I understand. I found a really good video on Youtube by someone named Lindsey that is very helpful. I am determined to learn how to use this and all of its capabilities!!

Thanks for your help.

Lindsey would be Pickupman66. Those videos are great. Just remember that those videos were done several software versions back.

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ongoing problem with a ramp timer I use to control my AI Sols thru an ALC. I set the ramp for 180min and a 10-hour on time. So the timer starts at 9:00AM and ramps up the lights for 3 hours to a max at noon. Then they start to ramp down at 7:00PM and completely off at 10:00PM. I've tried to vary the off time anywhere from the ramp time plus a minute to longer periods of time. The problem is that the timers will work for a few weeks and then at random the timer kicks on the lights overnight for no reason, at least not that I can see. This ALC worked flawlessly until I had another issue with the Archon that was corrected by Eric. But now I have this issue on what is a regular basis. Let me know your thoughts. I most likely will try to reach out to DA support but thought I would check here as well.

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an ongoing problem with a ramp timer I use to control my AI Sols thru an ALC. I set the ramp for 180min and a 10-hour on time. So the timer starts at 9:00AM and ramps up the lights for 3 hours to a max at noon. Then they start to ramp down at 7:00PM and completely off at 10:00PM. I've tried to vary the off time anywhere from the ramp time plus a minute to longer periods of time. The problem is that the timers will work for a few weeks and then at random the timer kicks on the lights overnight for no reason, at least not that I can see. This ALC worked flawlessly until I had another issue with the Archon that was corrected by Eric. But now I have this issue on what is a regular basis. Let me know your thoughts. I most likely will try to reach out to DA support but thought I would check here as well.
Delete your timer, reboot the system and create a new timer. I went through this as well

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say reboot the system which option did you use. Restart, reboot or shutdown? There appears to be different procedures depending on who you talk to. And do you remove the bus cable from the Archon when you do that?

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When you say reboot the system which option did you use. Restart, reboot or shutdown? There appears to be different procedures depending on who you talk to. And do you remove the bus cable from the Archon when you do that?
The reboot option and no need to disconnect the bus cable.

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see there is restart not reboot so I guess I use that. I won’t loose other programming if I use that option will I?

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for the first time tonight I have had time to actually plug the Archon in and try to play around with it. I am not having any luck at all connecting to it through the 192.168.10.1 address that the startup guide tells me to. I have tried my windows laptop on Firefox, Chrome, and Edge, and my Mac on Safari, no luck. The connection either times out and or says the server isn't responding.

Any idea what I need to do? Thank you.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for the first time tonight I have had time to actually plug the Archon in and try to play around with it. I am not having any luck at all connecting to it through the 192.168.10.1 address that the startup guide tells me to. I have tried my windows laptop on Firefox, Chrome, and Edge, and my Mac on Safari, no luck. The connection either times out and or says the server isn't responding.

Did you connect to the Archon access point first?

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

It sounds like your computer is still connected to your internet wifi connection. You need to disconnect from your internet connection and connect to the Archon Hotspot. Then try it

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you connect to the Archon access point first?

It sounds like your computer is still connected to your internet wifi connection. You need to disconnect from your internet connection and connect to the Archon Hotspot. Then try it

Ok, no I did not do that. I missed that step in the guide. Trying it now.
Thanks

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back