Digital Aquatics Net Module

Bmezz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use a phone to control the net module?
You can just like your desktop. When you are in your wifi. To do it outside of your wifi it is tricky using port forwarding. There is information on this thread I still can't get it right. Check out digital aquatics web site. If your tech savvy I'm sure u can figure it out

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can just like your desktop. When you are in your wifi. To do it outside of your wifi it is tricky using port forwarding. There is information on this thread I still can't get it right. Check out digital aquatics web site. If your tech savvy I'm sure u can figure it out
But can you change things on your phone like on the webserver, and do you mean using an app? Or do you just mean accessing the same interface from a browser on your phone. I thought there was an app but I don't think it worked when I tried it years ago.

Bmezz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But can you change things on your phone like on the webserver, and do you mean using an app? Or do you just mean accessing the same interface from a browser on your phone. I thought there was an app but I don't think it worked when I tried it years ago.
Access on your phone like the web

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone using the net module email notifications successfully right now, and if so, what email provider are you using?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Fishninja

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this product needs to be discontinued or they need to do a better job at warning people of its technical issues.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I trust it way more than an apex due to its simplicity, my only qualm is the net alert issue. Used to work great. There is probably a way to do it I'm going to call them on Monday

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you guys realize DA is no more right?
I did not......lol

Glad I have a back up unit downstairs haha. I'm scared of apex so my back up would be GHL. Not excited about the idea of switching systems and redoing cable management etc in general though, so hopefully they keep running for a while. I really hate the no notifications though, they certainly made me feel better when they worked.....

I'm going to solve this issue. There has got to be an email client it works with.

OP
OP
Fishninja

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Juno was working for me the only problem was i had to login and send an email from it once every three months in order to keep the email. It stopped working for me and i am not sure but i think it might just be because i didnt send an email. Also i didn’t have the net module set up for outside the network.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Juno was working for me the only problem was i had to login and send an email from it once every three months in order to keep the email. It stopped working for me and i am not sure but i think it might just be because i didnt send an email. Also i didn’t have the net module set up for outside the network.
Nah Juno stopped working for everyone, they changed settings. I had to do the email thing as well before and didn't miss a beat.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if you're really geeky you can have a internal email server setup on your home network that can forward to Gmail. Like a Linux vm or something.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if you're really geeky you can have a internal email server setup on your home network that can forward to Gmail. Like a Linux vm or something.
Can you elaborate? Would that require gmail to actually send out the emails because if so that won't work because gmail doesn't work with the reefkeeper. If you are saying the internal email server would be able to send emails to a gmail address that may work. The issue I've found with most options is that the email service basically cant have security with smtp, its stupid. That's why only crappy emails like Juno used to work lol.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you elaborate? Would that require gmail to actually send out the emails because if so that won't work because gmail doesn't work with the reefkeeper. If you are saying the internal email server would be able to send emails to a gmail address that may work. The issue I've found with most options is that the email service basically cant have security with smtp, its stupid. That's why only crappy emails like Juno used to work lol.

It'll take a little explaining. Beyond this forum. But the idea is run your own email server that can forward to your own Gmail account to email your self notification.

Net mod -> internal mail server that works with net mod -> Gmail account -> you personal email account.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back