Digital Aquatics replacement temperature probe

Luvspinball

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
I have a full digital aquatics system running everything for my 600 gallon tank. Temp probe - old Molex connector style - says its 115 degrees F and clearly wrong. Actual temperature using a standard aquarium digital thermometer reads 77.5. Since DA went out of business, does anyone know what temperature probe I could buy to hook up to this system?

I cannot be the first to experience this issue. Tank was in the house we bought 6 1/2 years ago, and the DA system has done it's job quite well up until now. Since the temp probe controls the heater - and I assume the chiller - I need a reliable temp probe hooked up to the system. One suggestion was the JBJ TRT-TP #2098. Or can I just cut off the probe from one of these cheap battery operated digital thermometers and splice it onto the molex connector for the DA system? Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey guys,
I have a full digital aquatics system running everything for my 600 gallon tank. Temp probe - old Molex connector style - says its 115 degrees F and clearly wrong. Actual temperature using a standard aquarium digital thermometer reads 77.5. Since DA went out of business, does anyone know what temperature probe I could buy to hook up to this system?

I cannot be the first to experience this issue. Tank was in the house we bought 6 1/2 years ago, and the DA system has done it's job quite well up until now. Since the temp probe controls the heater - and I assume the chiller - I need a reliable temp probe hooked up to the system. One suggestion was the JBJ TRT-TP #2098. Or can I just cut off the probe from one of these cheap battery operated digital thermometers and splice it onto the molex connector for the DA system? Any help would be appreciated.

Bob
DA has a breakout box module in which you could attach the jbj to.

OP
OP
Luvspinball

Luvspinball

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vette,
Do you happen to know the breakout box number? My current temp probe is plugged into the RKM-SL1 which is connected to the network module and the power strip controller. I also have a new fish guy, since the one who built the tank and was helping maintain it retired about a year ago.
Bob

OP
OP
Luvspinball

Luvspinball

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the links! I was able to get a pair of temp probes from "The Cooler Guys" who make temp probes for just about any situation. I ordered a pair of probes for $10. Had to change the connector so it would fit the DA box, but everything up and functioning perfectly again. Even have a spare now.
Thanks again. Some of the other links may come in handy in the future.

Bob

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the links! I was able to get a pair of temp probes from "The Cooler Guys" who make temp probes for just about any situation. I ordered a pair of probes for $10. Had to change the connector so it would fit the DA box, but everything up and functioning perfectly again. Even have a spare now.

Bob
If that is a different source than one of the ones mentioned already it the thread can you make a comment in the thread. Include the info on getting a probe from the source you got it from. I am sure someone else will appreciate it if they are needing a temp probe.

ReeferBob

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bob

Can you post more info from where you got these made?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back