Dino poisoning??

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok. I have my equipment linked to alexa so I believe when I told it to turn everything back on it either didn't hear me or malfunctioned. So I will definitely start making sure that they get turned on. Thank you
Alexa can be setup for "Routines" which string commands. I set one up called "feeding the tank" which shuts off my return pump, waits 5 minutes and then turns back on the pump. Very useful. Avoid using the word "pump" as I find like 50% of the time it just starts playing Lil' Pump....

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I just want to put this out there,
I’ve been battling dinos for a few weeks now and my fish look terrible. My nutrients bottomed out- everything else is goods My tank is 5 years old. I didn’t do a black out- I’ve been dosing phos/nitrate dr Tim’s and phytoplankton, grab carbon and in etc. Took a few weeks, the dinos are gone. BUT i also lost fish. I lost my fire fish as well, and a trigger and the rest do not look great. I also suspect your losses were oxygen related but I did want to add that it seems dinos can possibly affect fish health.

Futuretotm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think, only a theory,
lights and flow off (+ any additives?) --> Dinos started dying --> bacterial bloom --> o2 depleted --> fish death
amazing how when it rains, it pours
chin up, you got this!

Futuretotm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever I dose Dr. Tims, the bottle says to turn off skimmer, I never do, I disconnect at the neck and let it overflow back into the tank, never turn off your skimmer period.

OP
OP
Jilly92

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alexa can be setup for "Routines" which string commands. I set one up called "feeding the tank" which shuts off my return pump, waits 5 minutes and then turns back on the pump. Very useful. Avoid using the word "pump" as I find like 50% of the time it just starts playing Lil' Pump....
Ok i will switch over to that hahaha

OP
OP
Jilly92

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever I dose Dr. Tims, the bottle says to turn off skimmer, I never do, I disconnect at the neck and let it overflow back into the tank, never turn off your skimmer period.
I took the skimmer off

OP
OP
Jilly92

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think, only a theory,
lights and flow off (+ any additives?) --> Dinos started dying --> bacterial bloom --> o2 depleted --> fish death
amazing how when it rains, it pours
chin up, you got this!
No additives and yes it surely does

OP
OP
Jilly92

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I just want to put this out there,
I’ve been battling dinos for a few weeks now and my fish look terrible. My nutrients bottomed out- everything else is goods My tank is 5 years old. I didn’t do a black out- I’ve been dosing phos/nitrate dr Tim’s and phytoplankton, grab carbon and in etc. Took a few weeks, the dinos are gone. BUT i also lost fish. I lost my fire fish as well, and a trigger and the rest do not look great. I also suspect your losses were oxygen related but I did want to add that it seems dinos can possibly affect fish health.
Wow so sad. My firefish were the sweetest babies. I'm sorry for your loss. Dr tims is great, i will pick some up thank you for sharing! We learn something everyday.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back