Dino-X and Neonitro

OrangeFaucett10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys once again battling algae… started dinox last night and it says not to add trace elements and no products that absorb. My tank is ultra low nutrient and I want to add Neonitro to help battle the Dino’s. Can I do both at the same time?

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be safe to increase nutrients first, keep a eye on your phosphates also as you don’t want nitrates or phosphates to bottom out, as the dinoflagellates decompose in your system there may be a large increase in organic carbon in your tank. That could deplete your nutrients.

OP
OP
O

OrangeFaucett10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be safe to increase nutrients first, keep a eye on your phosphates also as you don’t want nitrates or phosphates to bottom out, as the dinoflagellates decompose in your system there may be a large increase in organic carbon in your tank. That could deplete your nutrients.
Last time I had to stop using dinox because my cyano was so bad toward the end from all the excess nutrients I assumed.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cyanobacteria and dinoflagellates thrive wend a lot of organic carbon becomes available, by killing the dinoflagellates you made all the organic carbon that was once used by the dinoflagellates become available in the water column to be utilised by the Cyanobacteria. If you were to increase nutrients before treatment you could weaken the dinoflagellates and Cyanobacteria before organic carbon becomes available again, during treatment monitor the tank to make sure it doesn’t bottom out.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 127 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back