Dino?

bradym

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2022
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I recently have noticed my sandbed getting dirtier than normal. I will do my daily maintenance of stirring the sandbed but notice it will return in less than an hour. It also seems to almost fully disappear when the lights are off and return when the lights come back on. I read I could possibly be dealing with Dino’s and took some shots with my microscope. Wondering if anyone can confirm and if anyone has experience what the best treatment is?

Tank is 75 gallon, established for almost a year.
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 15-20
PO - 0.25-.5

956BF860-CE22-409A-9CD6-E25C039C57D6.jpeg B6D3EABA-0AB2-47F2-B0AF-F44D50CA8DAF.jpeg 6A9DA1E1-B1BC-4C73-9888-B22BBC6B62C4.jpeg 1A33D3D9-3B6A-4E60-9F45-E16BBDAC4ECF.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5357.MOV
    4.4 MB
Looks like dinos. If it disappears at night, a cheap UV will solve your problem.
 
Your nutrients seem to be in check, but I agree Dino’s as they leave at night for the water column.

Dinos is a numbers game, your job, reduce numbers every day until they don’t come back.

Change filter socks daily.
Vacumn off sand.
UV at night if you can.

Double check phosphate reading.
Big difference in .25ppm and .5ppm.
Try different test.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new