Dinoflagellate identification

trmiv

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2011
Messages
975
Reaction score
837
Location
Orlando, FL
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I suspect these are Coolia but I want to be sure.



Advice on these guys? They are bad right now just some spots on the sand. I want to get ahead of them though. I’ve been battling low nutrients so I’ve started po4 and nitrate dosing. Also stuck my green killing machine in the tank in an area that the flow will push towards the inlet.
 
That's coolia, I'm fighting them now as well, I got rid of them for awhile with Dinox but they came back.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new