Dinos? Cyano? Diatoms?

JustinMN18

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2020
Messages
342
Reaction score
88
Location
55427
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I've been battling one or two of the three that I listed in the subject. Ive been trying to maintain nitrates at 2-5, and phosphate has been 0.05. I have been dosing neonitro and Microbacter7.

Here's a video of the algae under the microscope:


20201222_164832.jpg 20201222_164839.jpg
 
Last edited:
How old is the tank?

Can you get pics through the microscope at a higher magnification? Videos are good to help determine movement, but some dinos are better identified with pics.
 
How old is the tank?

Can you get pics through the microscope at a higher magnification? Videos are good to help determine movement, but some dinos are better identified with pics.
I'll work on getting a better visual. I'm having a hard time getting any closer than that. But... Based on the pictures and the video, any initial thoughts?
 
Looks like dinos to me. But the video is not magnified enough to clearly see what is present. I saw one possible dino scooting around in the video.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new