DINOS?! OR DIATOMS?! FOUND OUT SOON!!

Tux

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2024
Messages
24
Reaction score
4
Location
Clovis
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright boys let’s play a guessing game. I have some pictures and I’m wonder what you all think. I have a microscope coming tomorrow to confirm. DINOS? DIATOMS!?

IMG_7267.jpeg IMG_7266.jpeg IMG_7265.jpeg IMG_7264.jpeg
 
Looks like diatoms to me. Nothing to worry about! It’s a normal phenomenon if this is a new tank. They will disappear on their own, usually completely within a few weeks!
 
Alright boys let’s play a guessing game. I have some pictures and I’m wonder what you all think. I have a microscope coming tomorrow to confirm. DINOS? DIATOMS!?

IMG_7267.jpeg IMG_7266.jpeg IMG_7265.jpeg IMG_7264.jpeg
Looks like diatoms to me, dosing copepods helps a lot
 
What do you think. Should I get better pics?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7271.jpeg
    IMG_7271.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7270.jpeg
    IMG_7270.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_7272.jpeg
    IMG_7272.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7269.jpeg
    IMG_7269.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_7268.jpeg
    IMG_7268.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 42

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new