Dinos

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 30 snails from Cali. Some did not make it. Took out the ones I could but some I could not find . It started hair algea . I went to vibrant for help! After vibrant red slim then dinos the kind that break up in the water column. Any way started dosing 3% peroxide at 1 ml per 5 gallons dat 3 dinos are almost gone . Will continue for full 7 days only running lights to feed maybe2 hours a day. After the 7th day I am going to dose Dr. Tims eco balance start slow and come off slow. Will keep you posted.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Best results are obtained by
starting with a water change and blow this stuff loose with a turkey baster and siphon up loose particles.
Turn lights off (at least white and run blue at 10-15%) for 5 days and at night dose 1ml of hydrogen peroxide per 10 gallons for all 5 nights. If you dont have light dependent coral- turn all lights off.
During the day dose 1ml of liquid bacteria (such as bacter 7) per 10 gallons.
Clean filters daily and DO NOT FEED CORAL FOODS OR ADD NOPOX as it is food for dinos.
Day 5,, you can start with blue lights - ramping up and work your white lights up slowly

OP
OP
Screwgunner

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is 1 year old when my snails died it spiked my nutrients and green hair algea popped up my nutrients went down but green hair don't care. So I tried vibrant it took 7 weeks and it melted the green hair algea now all the nutrients in the algea are in my tank did a 30% water change. Then cyano popped up i should have left it at that but . I put in chemiclean cyano gone and dinos popped up . So I am feeding heavily to get my phosphates above 0.00 and my nitrates are 0 . Hence the dinos. But the dinos have choked out my birdsnest and my candycane is not looking good either. My zoas do not like the peroxide but I hope it is for the better.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 30 snails from Cali. Some did not make it. Took out the ones I could but some I could not find . It started hair algea . I went to vibrant for help! After vibrant red slim then dinos the kind that break up in the water column. Any way started dosing 3% peroxide at 1 ml per 5 gallons dat 3 dinos are almost gone . Will continue for full 7 days only running lights to feed maybe2 hours a day. After the 7th day I am going to dose Dr. Tims eco balance start slow and come off slow. Will keep you posted.
New tank and you are throwing everything to it. Let it be. Keep nutrition up detectable and it will be outcompeted by other stuff.
ID it too with a microscope to be sure what you see is actually what you think it is.
hands out of the tank
Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

OP
OP
Screwgunner

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 5 dinos still in my pulsating xenia no where else . All the white spunges that grew in my overflows and sump from dosing vibrant are falling off and dieing. My filter is full of them . Coral are starting to look alot better.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Day 5 dinos still in my pulsating xenia no where else . All the white spunges that grew in my overflows and sump from dosing vibrant are falling off and dieing. My filter is full of them . Coral are starting to look alot better.
Any pics under white lights ?

OP
OP
Screwgunner

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will take a few pics tomorrow. I get my Dr. Tims eco balance tomorrow hopefully. The plan is to replace the bad bacteria with good probiotic bacteria. Algea scrubber is still growing algea . I have been feeding 3 pinches of flake one cube of freeze dried brine. Waiting a few hours then 3 cubes of frozen , one mysis one brine and one omega 1. Cleaning filter everyday.

OP
OP
Screwgunner

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can see the white spunges on my screen for my pump . After about the 3 week of dosing vibrant they showed up in my overflows and in my sump. Hundreds of them just popped up.

OP
OP
Screwgunner

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20220128_194023.jpg

This is all that is left of the dinos . I have my phosphates at .05 and holding steady. After chemiclean I added Dr. Tims eco balance for reef tanks . My corals are looking better today .

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back