Dipping a encrusting monti

  • Thread starter Thread starter FL_Reefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2013
Messages
2,162
Reaction score
620
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a superman monti that has not been looking good for about a week now. I was thinking of dipping it in coral RX. All my per. are spot on as they always are. Salinity is good and temp is at 78. I changed my bulbs last month so not sure what's going on with it. Has anyone dipped this type of encrusting monti before in Coral RX? Are there any concerns that I should know about?
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1397512025.119167.jpg

Up till last week this has been a great growing coral, nice color and PE. All other corals in tank are doing great but this one... I'm dumbfounded
 
Idk man coral reefs is strong maybe lugols has iodine. If it starts to spread maybe frag it. Cut off bad area's.
 
Coral rx I meant to say.
 
I have dipped many different monti's in Coral RX with no issues. Timing is 5 - 10 min. I usually do about 8 min.
 
Ok so I gave it a dip. Seams to have not effected it at all in a bad way. Hope it will recover or looks like I will be buying another one at RAP. One of my favorite corals!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new