Dipping bowerbanki in h202

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fishko
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fishko

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2019
Messages
881
Reaction score
589
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bowerbanki thats trying to grow new heads but the skeleton is covered in an unkown red algae thats almost branching and has a little bubble algae. Can i just dip in h202 or should i try manual removal first. Id rather just eradicate it all at once if possibly because i feel it will just grow back
 
I would manually remove what you can and then dip them in a basic 3% solution for no more than 2 minutes.
 
Try to blow it gently with a turkey baster. I suspect cyano and it will come off without moving the coral
You will then have to check phosphate and lower your white light intensity a little
 
Try to blow it gently with a turkey baster. I suspect cyano and it will come off without moving the coral
You will then have to check phosphate and lower your white light intensity a little
I was able to remove it by hand, it wasnt cyano. Some kind of red macro algae.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new