Dipping Options

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodyRVA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CodyRVA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2015
Messages
2,599
Reaction score
1,628
Location
Wilmington, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently read on a sellers site that harsh dips like CoralRX and Revive should be avoided for dipping if possible after receiving a shipment of coral and something less harsh should be used instead. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

The risk indicated is the coral are already stressed and these harsh dips will make matters worse. What would less harsh alternatives be as far as dips go... or would this indicate a straight QT setup vs dipping? Thoughts?
 
I have used coral rx and Bayer and haven't had any issues. I currently only use Bayer and mix it pretty strong, I see no point in stressing coral frags 12 hours after they were already stressed by shipping. I would just get it over with and let them be shortly after shipping by just dipping them as soon as I get them and them putting them in my DT.
 
I have used coral rx and Bayer and haven't had any issues. I currently only use Bayer and mix it pretty strong, I see no point in stressing coral frags 12 hours after they were already stressed by shipping. I would just get it over with and let them be shortly after shipping by just dipping them as soon as I get them and them putting them in my DT.
Thanks for the insight. I guess I was confused by reading that CoralRX and Revive are considered harsh? I assumed those were the "nicest" options out there. Maybe they were just speaking to those because they are very popular and say that dipping in general can add additional stress to coral already stressed out? I've used Bayer in the past as well, no issue.
 
Thanks for the insight. I guess I was confused by reading that CoralRX and Revive are considered harsh? I assumed those were the "nicest" options out there. Maybe they were just speaking to those because they are very popular and say that dipping in general can add additional stress to coral already stressed out? I've used Bayer in the past as well, no issue.
I think that most sellers will say to put the frags in a tank for 12 hours before dipping to let them destress before dipping, that way they can ask if you did it before dipping for liability issues. I just want to get it over with before hand so the frags can actually relax after the fact.
 
Try using this....
168ea7e9134bd83878c1bb78cd4fdc0c.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new