Dipping Options

CodyRVA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently read on a sellers site that harsh dips like CoralRX and Revive should be avoided for dipping if possible after receiving a shipment of coral and something less harsh should be used instead. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

The risk indicated is the coral are already stressed and these harsh dips will make matters worse. What would less harsh alternatives be as far as dips go... or would this indicate a straight QT setup vs dipping? Thoughts?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used coral rx and Bayer and haven't had any issues. I currently only use Bayer and mix it pretty strong, I see no point in stressing coral frags 12 hours after they were already stressed by shipping. I would just get it over with and let them be shortly after shipping by just dipping them as soon as I get them and them putting them in my DT.

OP
OP
CodyRVA

CodyRVA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used coral rx and Bayer and haven't had any issues. I currently only use Bayer and mix it pretty strong, I see no point in stressing coral frags 12 hours after they were already stressed by shipping. I would just get it over with and let them be shortly after shipping by just dipping them as soon as I get them and them putting them in my DT.
Thanks for the insight. I guess I was confused by reading that CoralRX and Revive are considered harsh? I assumed those were the "nicest" options out there. Maybe they were just speaking to those because they are very popular and say that dipping in general can add additional stress to coral already stressed out? I've used Bayer in the past as well, no issue.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the insight. I guess I was confused by reading that CoralRX and Revive are considered harsh? I assumed those were the "nicest" options out there. Maybe they were just speaking to those because they are very popular and say that dipping in general can add additional stress to coral already stressed out? I've used Bayer in the past as well, no issue.
I think that most sellers will say to put the frags in a tank for 12 hours before dipping to let them destress before dipping, that way they can ask if you did it before dipping for liability issues. I just want to get it over with before hand so the frags can actually relax after the fact.

goodwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try using this....
168ea7e9134bd83878c1bb78cd4fdc0c.jpg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.3%
Back