Disappointing PAR Readings - New Lights Needed?

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
150w or 250? And what the heck ballast do you use with em? Thank the lord for you guys anyone I try to talk to at any lfs's have no idea about MH's or try to steer me away because Of evaporation

There is a reason MH has been a staple in the industry for decades.

refridgeRAIDER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a reason MH has been a staple in the industry for decades.

For sure, and i definitely love the idea of using the reef brite hybrid suggested above. It's a little more then I wanted to spend but we've all learned our lesson about skimping on equipment before. Would the 250w be the way to go? And what ballast would you guys suggest thank won't brake the bank?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure, and i definitely love the idea of using the reef brite hybrid suggested above. It's a little more then I wanted to spend but we've all learned our lesson about skimping on equipment before. Would the 250w be the way to go? And what ballast would you guys suggest thank won't brake the bank?
IMO 150 or 250 I had a 150 over my 20x20 cube it was more than enough. I metered the leds once, super powerful.
Id talk to Reefbright honestly. The owner is really cool.

OP
OP
dmw913

dmw913

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7/16/2017 Update ***Cross-posted from build thread.***

New refractometer holding calibration over a course of several days. I have brought the tank up to proper SG with a couple of frags a bit worse for wear given all the changes. However, things are starting to perk up and color is improving. I'm also dosing a small bit of nitrate which seems to be evening out the rest of the parameters as I'm not getting as much brown film on the glass.

Frostbite bounce from WWC and a pretty plate I got from a LFS. Shout out to coralfish12g for the filter gels. Makes a huge difference in these quick iPhone pics.

OP
OP
dmw913

dmw913

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***Cross-posted from build thread***. 7/26/2017 Update: Whew! Things finally appear to be leveling out and inhabitants seem healthy and happy. I've now got some obvious growth from the SPS and the polyps are out regularly. Dosing 2ml of nitrate once per week which also seems to be helping. The most fascinating part of the dosing is that the brown film that was covering the glass daily is now gone. I have to scrape the glass every third day and it is more green and significantly more crusty when I'm trying to get it to come off the glass. Eye candy for the day is a shot of the SPS I managed not to kill with my incompetence!

Back