diseased coral?

jackrymar

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Bensalem
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased an acab frag from a local fish store. I’m extremely new to the hobby and basically have no experience. The coral was doing fine but I woke up today and discovered a white funnel shaped substance on the side of the coral. I’ve attached a picture, any help would be appreciated.

7610CAF4-7094-4558-87B5-022CA1263867.jpeg
 
Looks like mesenterial filaments coming from the side of the polyp. They can send those out through any portion of their tissue and digest stuff outside the polyp. They sometimes will also come out if the polyp got a little damaged from the skeleton during transport.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new