Display Refugiums - Let's Discuss

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2009
Messages
2,873
Reaction score
343
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see a whole lot of information or photos of peoples display refugiums and I'm sure there are some out there!

I'm thinking about putting one together myself but other than adding sand and some algaes I'm not sure where to start.

A couple questions...
Any cool inverts that wouldn't be detrimental to pod and algae growth?
Should a small CUC be added? Crabs? Snails? Maybe a cucumber?
How deep of a sand bed should be added?

Any pictures anyone has of theirs would be great as well. If anyone out there has any more questions they're wondering about feel free to jump in!
 
depends, how big are you talking? i have a 10x6x10 refrigium and i keep 2 inches of live sand with live rock and tisbe with a flowing powerhead. I don't think any inverts would damage growth and i wouldnt take a chance. don't add anything to the refrigium, unless your acclimating.
 
dont add snails they will eat some of the most common display macro algaes in the system except chaeto. some hermits may also eat the macros
 
depends, how big are you talking? i have a 10x6x10 refrigium and i keep 2 inches of live sand with live rock and tisbe with a flowing powerhead. I don't think any inverts would damage growth and i wouldnt take a chance. don't add anything to the refrigium, unless your acclimating.

Tank is 20" x 20" x 14".
 
I keep an orange and purple reef lobster in mine. I'll post a pic or two tomorrow night
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new