Display Tank Live Rock Transfer Question

dlightning

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2017
Messages
91
Reaction score
40
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5g tank with a sponge filter where I have been raising berghia. Can I remove a live rock from my main display, place it in the berghia tank for a week or so and return the rock to the main display tank? The berghia tank is next to a window with no other light source. The rock has some Xenia coral attached.
 
Sure - why not?
I guess I'm worried about any die off on the rock while it sits in the berghia tank. Once I place back in the main display, the die off might mess with the nitrite ammonia levels?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new