Disposing of corals...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Yamaha1634
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Yamaha1634

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2022
Messages
186
Reaction score
74
Location
Wallasey, UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a lobophylia a few weeks back, initially dipped it in coral Rx Pro for 5 minutes and added it to the tank. Then after a few days i saw some sort of hydroid growing on the side of it so i tried removing it and scrubbing it. Put it back in and 2 days later they were back so I've placed it in my QT on its own. Since then I have twice dipped it in 1/3 hydrogen peroxide and salt water for 5 minutes each time and both times the hydroids have come back with a vengeance! Now I notice it also has aptasia on it!!!

There's no way this thing is going back in my DT.

How do i dispose of it????? It's a living thing but do I just throw it in the trash?
 
Y

You want it?? Haha

Would it not be unethical to pass on a coral knowing it was riddled with pests?!
Was going say you thousands miles away but then seen it says wallasey UK so think you not far at all,I'm in Liverpool ^_^
But I'm OK thanks
Maybe start thread offering free coral to anyone in Northern England, but your nearest lfs seems best choice.
But if you really can't remove the aiptasia and hydroids just make it clear to someone when giving it away
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new