Distressed Goby

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hoped I would never post in this forum. My goby jumped today. My husband found him and was going to flush him when he noticed his gills still moving. He quickly put him back in the tank where he laid on his side breathing heavy. When he checked later he was still breathing, but the crabs had starting picking at him, so he did his best to hold them off until I got home. I put him in a plastic container to keep him safe but I’m not sure if I should do anything else.

Furthermore leading up to this I’ve lost multiple snails, they have been falling off the glass and getting eaten. I even had my large turbo snail fall off the glass. Im worried something worse going on.

Here are my Parameters from last night.

Calcium:420
Magnesium:1330
Alkalinity:8.3
Phosphates:0.16
Nitrates:10

I use RODI water with TSD of 0. My tank is 9 month old and just started to have a diatom bloom and possibly cyano.

C0490895-B2F3-461B-90F1-8FBA895EE8DD.jpeg

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I'm really sorry to hear that. :(

Have you tested for ammonia? Maybe a spike from recent deaths? Do you have a polyfilter? That would soak up any suspected contaminants.

I hope you figure it out and things get better.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it's 50/50 with your goby. I'm pulling for him. Gobies are notorious jumpers.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
These guys are as tough as nails. Provide as much oxygen as you can (increase if you can) , and kill the white lighting for tonight and leave on blues to keep it calm. IF you have stress coat, it will help restore its' body slime although the fish will produce that over the next couple of days

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Treating the goby with methylene blue will help the fish's gills to exchange O2. It's an old school treatment that still works well. Best of luck with your fish.

OP
OP
New&no clue

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys are as tough as nails. Provide as much oxygen as you can (increase if you can) , and kill the white lighting for tonight and leave on blues to keep it calm. IF you have stress coat, it will help restore its' body slime although the fish will produce that over the next couple of days

I took the cup off the skimmer and turned it all the way up, so hopefully that will help

Jvalle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully the goby pulls through I had the same issue and after a few days he was back to normal. I isolated him In a tank with extra oxygen from an air stone and added the stress relief treatment in the water thx and good luck ,

OP
OP
New&no clue

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully the goby pulls through I had the same issue and after a few days he was back to normal. I isolated him In a tank with extra oxygen from an air stone and added the stress relief treatment in the water thx and good luck ,

thanks, if he makes it through the night I plan to get some Stress Coat tomorrow

Moscar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tested with API, not surprisingly it showed a small amount.
Seneye is a really good investment. Love mine. Hooked up to a USB PC.
You did good by your Goby. Hope it's on the way to recovery.

Back