Divers Den acros.

  • Thread starter Thread starter SamMule
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2020
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
1,706
What state or country do you live in
Montana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that have ordered acros from the Liveaquaria Divers Den.

How accurate did you find the picture representation in regards to color. Was it a pretty close match? I've been seeing some stuff that I like, but the description often times does not match the colors I see in the picture.

Yes, I know they can/will change colors depending on lighting.
 
I feel they are pretty close to reality, particularly compared to other vendors. Ime sometimes DD has worse photos than what you get. A couple years ago they got a lot of heat for saturation of pics so they went the other direction and in my opinion at least, many times the acros look better in person.
 
I feel they are pretty close to reality, particularly compared to other vendors. Ime sometimes DD has worse photos than what you get. A couple years ago they got a lot of heat for saturation of pics so they went the other direction and in my opinion at least, many times the acros look better in person.
+1^

They take the ugliest white photos in the business. If you like the way it looks in their photos, you will love it under AB+ lighting in your tank. There are more "Select" corals to be had elsewhere, but for some of the classics their pricing is pretty good.
 
Well, I guess we will see. I just ordered a Tenuis from the DD that looked nice.
Hopefully not really pops under my lights!
 
I wouldn't expect any acro from DD to look good for quite a while. There are some great pieces to be had from there, but not before they acclimate to your tank/lighting for at least a few months.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new