Divided Leopard Wrasse

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my new buddy. I recently saw one of our club zoa members post a picture of thiers. I went to the lfs the other day and low and behold for the first time i've been shopping there, a couple came in. I couldn't resist. So far the only thing he will eat (other than pods) is spiru enriched brine.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What did he cost you if I may ask?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BTW very very nice! :D

OP
OP
Pitcom

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30 bucks. He is approx 2", he is actually about the same size as my possum wrasse.

currentking

Rookie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice. It is very difficult to keep. If he starts eating then he will live. They love to dig themselves into the sand

OP
OP
Pitcom

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woot Woot , eating anything else other then pods is excellent ! Nice find ;)

Yeah i think so too. My possum wrasse which i think is the wetmorella nigropinnata flavour, hasnt touched a single piece of tank food in 5 months.
The divided is probably pretty hungry it devoured the brine. Its encouraging at least, but i also have a pretty heft population of pods.

Deepwater

Im so Psycho HAHAHA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i think so too. My possum wrasse which i think is the wetmorella nigropinnata flavour, hasnt touched a single piece of tank food in 5 months.
The divided is probably pretty hungry it devoured the brine. Its encouraging at least, but i also have a pretty heft population of pods.
here my little buddy , same thing , i walked into a LFS i never went too , and they had it listed for $15 , it went home with me without blinking

and today live happily ever after
IMG_4204.jpg

IMG_4207.jpg

sorry for the blurry pics , they are to friggin fast i was lucky to get a few shots in today LOL

Deepwater

Im so Psycho HAHAHA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use sushi eggs tobiko to feed my fish , they go nuts for the stuff . Even my possum wrasse like it .

OP
OP
Pitcom

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you get that product? I like your wrasse, how come the color pattern is different?

Deepwater

Im so Psycho HAHAHA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you get that product? I like your wrasse, how come the color pattern is different?

TY , and i was looking at the color pattern on your fish as well lol

There are a few diff type of leopard wrasse if i recall and male and females are dif in color too . I get the sushi eggs from the local sushi store. I just ask them for like $3 or $4 worth of them. you will get a few OZ but it should last for a while , Keep frozen ;)

OP
OP
Pitcom

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had good luck with fish so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Everyone told me not to buy the twin spot gobies for the same reason. Almost 6 months later and they are twice as big and eating like pigs.

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 3.5" Female Bluestar Leopard Wrasse. She was imported from Kenya and when I introduced her she only ate pods. Now I have her eating anything that is frozen.

Bluestar1.jpg

Deepwater

Im so Psycho HAHAHA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 3.5" Female Bluestar Leopard Wrasse. She was imported from Kenya and when I introduced her she only ate pods. Now I have her eating anything that is frozen.

Bluestar1.jpg

That pic and fish are awesome , What are you training your wrasse with to float still like that :hammer: My wrasse just see me with the cam, and gos into its hiding spot and peaks out to see if im still there. and ppl say fish are not smart :horse: lol

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This may sound dumb...ok it WILL sound dumb, but you can take like an 8x10 pic of yourself with your camera and place it in front of the tank. The fish will get used to that scene and when your around with your camera they will not hide as much. :D

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish always come out whenever I walk by the tank. They think I'm going to feed them. The hardest fish to take a picture of is my McCosker's Flasher Wrasse because it darts to the other side of the tank everytime I take a photo. If you're having trouble keeping your fish still just sit with your camera in front of your tank for a few minutes and when the fish come back out take the shot. I spend a lot of time waiting for the perfect shot.

OP
OP
Pitcom

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update

I just wanted to give an update on my new addition.

So far he is eating,

Blood Worms
Tetra Cyclopeeze Granules
Spiru Enriched Brine
Mysid Shrimp
Kelp Flakes
Omega One w/Garlic
Squid

The only thing he did'nt like too much was Krill and Spectrum pellets, mainly due to the fact i think he mouth is too small to handle them.

For a fish i was told to expect not to accept tank food easily, It turned out really well.

OP
OP
Pitcom

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish always come out whenever I walk by the tank. They think I'm going to feed them. The hardest fish to take a picture of is my McCosker's Flasher Wrasse because it darts to the other side of the tank everytime I take a photo. If you're having trouble keeping your fish still just sit with your camera in front of your tank for a few minutes and when the fish come back out take the shot. I spend a lot of time waiting for the perfect shot.

You know what, i dont have a tripod yet. I get tired of pressing the lens up to the glass and kneeling. One of these days I'll go get one. The only half decent one in any stores around here is the manfroto at Best Buy. I really wanted a ball bearing style though and they dont sell any.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back