OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know I wasnt coming off as a shill or a zealot of the newly converted order....
I'm going very slowly, just one dose per week (as directed).
As soon as I started dosing, Alk consumption went down. Corals still look happy, (IE polyp extension is still there) and tissue is not pale or thinning out anywhere...but some have darkened. The Sexy Corals OP doesnt seem to care at all, but the BC Ultimate Microclados has darkened.

I'm test dKh, NO3 and PO4 daily. I'm dosing NO3 & PO4 almost every 3 days. With Alk consumption dropping, I'm not needing to dose soda ash as much. Was daily (not much, just 12 mls is most I've ever had to dose), is now every other day. I just dont have that much demand on my system yet. NO3/PO4 consumption has remained fairly steady throughout, (15 mls of KNO3 from Green leaf Aquariums raises NO3 from under 1ppm up to 5 ppm for about 3-5 days, 1.85 mls of AquaVitro activate raises PO4 from 0.00 ppm to 0.10 ppm for about 3-5 days).

Do you dose Amino's at all?

I know Bubba did for a bit, I just dont remember if he did regularly or just the once and decided it wasnt worth the cost? I wonder if dosing amino's while dosing Vibrant would help any corals that got stressed out, or if it would just be one more thing to possibly cause issues while dosing Vibrant.

I really wish I could get a Doliatus Rabbitfish in my 40, I've always had good luck with them hammering out Valonia and I do think they are beautiful fish when fully grown. They just get too big for my little system.

And I agree with Bubba...would love to see pics of the frags.

I dosed some acro power during the first year I started my tank along with some Reef Chili and Reef Roids. I think they help with newer tanks trying to keep nutrients. But I haven’t dosed any of that in years. I just feed my fish, they poop on the acros and everyone is happy!

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RR Event Horizon Milli

257.JPG

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There were alot more frags on the list a page back...and we only get one picture????

Somebody's being stingy with the digital images.... At least there's more than one coral in the picture.

What's the other nubbin on the bottom right?

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There were alot more frags on the list a page back...and we only get one picture????

Somebody's being stingy with the digital images.... At least there's more than one coral in the picture.

What's the other nubbin on the bottom right?

:rolleyes: Not stingy, lazy! ;Woot If I post all the photos at once I have to go take more photos... I'll see if I can't wrangy up a couple tomorrow. See what I did there...?

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:rolleyes: Not stingy, lazy! ;Woot If I post all the photos at once I have to go take more photos... I'll see if I can't wrangy up a couple tomorrow. See what I did there...?

Careful. Soon you'll have to start a support group for coral withdraw.

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ugh....are you going to start taking pictures of your "beard" hairs stuck in your Vortech's ? Short and curly hair in a powerhead is icky...and I aint buying the "beard" story.

Or are you going to start with Metric System propaganda in this thread too?

Sigh....I can really only tolerate one Wrangy at a time.

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you know when you're looking at a coral site and trying to decide whether to hit the pay button or if it would be better not to freak out the wife? But you accidentally hit pay :eek: and now something is being delivered...I need to intercept that package! At least now I'll find out how good TSA is with my first order... :p

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you know when you're looking at a coral site and trying to decide whether to hit the pay button or if it would be better not to freak out the wife? But you accidentally hit pay :eek: and now something is being delivered...I need to intercept that package! At least now I'll find out how good TSA is with my first order... :p
Their stuff is top notch. What did you order?

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really liking that event horizon milli, I'm curious to see it as a colony

OP
OP
DivingTheWorld

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really liking that event horizon milli, I'm curious to see it as a colony

I think @FarmerTy has a pic in his build thread and mine came from him. It’s a very unique orange/gold milli. I got a frag years ago from Nick (SchnitzelReef) and it never did anything (likely my fault). This one is my second chance!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.2%
Back