DIY acrylic preditor tank

jdm_aquatics!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I was thinking about making a very large preditor tank dimensions will be 36x36x42 inches tall with a 16 inch tall stand but I’m trying to figure out how thick the acrylic should be I’m thinking 1 inch thick and a cross shaped urobrace just not 100% sure so some suggestions would be amazing!!

JPG@CFI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For 42” tall with that length and width, we would build that with 1.25”. Have 32 years of custom tank building experience. Check out some of my builds on instagram, Clear Fabrications.

nickm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For 42” tall with that length and width, we would build that with 1.25”. Have 32 years of custom tank building experience. Check out some of my builds on instagram, Clear Fabrications.
Don't get them to build a metal stand. I had a 2" sq tubing stand made and it has a center high point. Saying it was from the heat of welding. If so and they know about it, then they should know how to weld and compensate for the heat distortion. Told me basically I'm on my own. Wants me to use shims to make up the 1/8th inch gap. I don't think so especially on a 260 gal Reef Savvy aquarium. So now I'm getting with a chassis fabricator to fix his jack up.

Celestion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jpg what is best way to cut a standard 180 down , router or skill saw , router gives the better finish ????? I'm trying redo the seams and lower the height to 20"

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back