OP
BTimms

BTimms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?

I'm having trouble getting this to dissolve?
I make a one gallon jug and use it as top off a couple of times a week.
I definitely have noticed an improvement in polyp extension and overall growth.
I have cut the amount of aminos to about 2.5g . Because I find im USINg it more for top off.

OP
OP
BTimms

BTimms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried to include amino acid extracted from silkworm pupae, in addition to oyster peptides, into my homebrew coral food mix.

I would say both the feeding response and coral health is very good.

This is fantastic information! Thank you!

ectoaesthetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From where I sit the hardest thing in the US would be finding BCAAs that are legit. From someone who used to run in bodybuilding circles the supplement industry is iffy at best. It is legitimately hard to find a company here that puts what they claim in the bottle/can. I could never imagine putting the stuff in my tank even though I used to put it in my body. The tank reaches toxicity way faster than I do and lacks kidneys and livers to clean up the stuff that should not have been in there.
My feelings would be very different if I lived somewhere where that was regulated. Or if I found a pharma grade BCAA…

OP
OP
BTimms

BTimms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From where I sit the hardest thing in the US would be finding BCAAs that are legit. From someone who used to run in bodybuilding circles the supplement industry is iffy at best. It is legitimately hard to find a company here that puts what they claim in the bottle/can. I could never imagine putting the stuff in my tank even though I used to put it in my body. The tank reaches toxicity way faster than I do and lacks kidneys and livers to clean up the stuff that should not have been in there.
My feelings would be very different if I lived somewhere where that was regulated. Or if I found a pharma grade BCAA…
Yes, that would be a concern. Similar to the concern of what Might be seen in a bottle of reef specific amino blend?

Luckily I was able to get pharma grade bcaa.

OP
OP
BTimms

BTimms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some testimony since?
Things have been going well. I generally found healthier corals overall. Some noticeable growth in most corals.

I honestly think that any amino type formula will be fine. You could even dose the powder direct to the aquarium.
People get way too caught up in self perceived precision and whatever their opinion is or self honoured righteous expertise is. And yet the same people turn around and pound their aquarium with random store bought foods and aminos.

Just go for it at a moderate to slow rate to start.

That said, I stopped using aminos temporarily as I set up a new ato and just haven’t got around to dosing again.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back