DIY canopy for Cade S2 1200

legacy2mj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody built a canopy for their tank similar in size to my Cade. 120 gal display? 48L X 26W

I still want to be able to get in and out for maintenance easily, same with allowing good air exchange for respiratory and heat dissipation.

I love the look of the lights being behind closed doors and just the display being illuminated. Same with eliminating the blue light spill that pretty much illuminates the whole block.

IMG_2942.jpeg

Lingwendil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the actual style you want? A simple, black box with a hinged lid? A more stylized canopy with inset panels? Ventilation? This is fairly straightforward stuff, but it depends on your skill set and what tools you have available.

Personally, a simple plywood box with a inner frame of 1x1 material, and a hinged lid and a couple ventilation slots is the way I would go.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd go with a floating canopy style out of something light like balsa wood. Paint the inside black, and the outside to match the stand. This would help minimize your light spill into the room and look good at the same time

Don't pay all that money for a "premium" rimless tank and then cover it up with a canopy

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even a 3d printed light shape that attaches to the light itself would do ALLOT to help with the light spill

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back