DIY coral Viewer

  • Thread starter Thread starter ryecoon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
1,231
Reaction score
39
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to share. First time making a coral viewer. With PVC Pipe and Plexy glass.
zarede2y.jpg
 
The pvc i used is thin on the top half and thicker on the bottom. Its really light in weight.
 
and i used Epoxy Marine glue and silicone after. Its on there really good.
 
and i used Epoxy Marine glue and silicone after. Its on there really good.

Is this the loctite brand? I used this to rig a canister filter with some pvc so I had a strong bond, but then saw not intended for aquariums. Is it still safe? I don't think any of the epoxy come in contact with the water, but would like to know is it is safe for this type of appilcation.
 
Is this the loctite brand? I used this to rig a canister filter with some pvc so I had a strong bond, but then saw not intended for aquariums. Is it still safe? I don't think any of the epoxy come in contact with the water, but would like to know is it is safe for this type of appilcation.

yes. Its safe once its fully dried and put a layer of silicone on top of it. They sell epoxy sticks also.
 
I have a second one I can put some silicone in first to try and provide a barrier
 
Oh yea that should be good even without the silicone. I thought it was something fully submergedZ
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new