DIY Filter Socks

  • Thread starter Thread starter 8pixel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I used a short piece of 3" pvc pipe for the ring. I heated it up to make it a bit bigger
image.jpeg
 
thanx for the fastest reply ever, would it (thread) not give away submerged in Water? Just wondering
 
Building my sump now, and never paid attention to this thread. Now that I will be using filter socks, the is very useful
 
I need to buy sewing machine and learn how to use it to make sock myself.
 
I just went to Joann Fabrics, there were lot of options for Felt, I got really confused what to get and moreover the felt was $5.99 per yard
There is a pics of the felt material on first post.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new