DIY light bar from 2020 extrusion - help!

aggiejames

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2023
Messages
49
Reaction score
16
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m working on building a light hanging kit for my new out of 2020 extrusion. I got it all cut and put together and it looks and works great. However, the whole thing has no stability falling forward or backward. I’ve looked but don’t see a solution for this. Is there a collar that I could use to attach to the stand to give stability?

Currently the setup is a base with 2 verticals and 1 horizontal. The joints and weight on the top are solid.

Picture for reference.

IMG_4310.jpeg
 
Best solution without attaching it to the stand is going to be a base with right triangles with brackets.

To attach it to the stand, which makes it a little less mobile, I would attach it with a 3d printed bracket. I'm not sure there is a more readily available option or not.
 
Best solution without attaching it to the stand is going to be a base with right triangles with brackets.

To attach it to the stand, which makes it a little less mobile, I would attach it with a 3d printed bracket. I'm not sure there is a more readily available option or not.
I actually want to attach to the stand. I don’t have the ability to 3d print. Do you know if a stl file for something like this?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new