DIY Phytoplankton Culture

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReefNerd76
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReefNerd76

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2016
Messages
169
Reaction score
105
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my DIY Phytoplankton Culture setup. If you'd like to know more let me know.
1480815187673.jpeg
1480815211391.jpeg
 
Wow! Cool stuff! If you'd like to write an article on how you set this up and what it does, let me know as I can get it published in our articles section. :-)
 
No that's ok, I just thought lemon had a better setup then me, but I'd be more than happy to write something up on how to set ask that up
 
Day 1 - Setup Tiger pod culture. Using phyto-feast for their food temporarily. I used way too much phyto.
day 1.jpg



Day 2 - started up a culture of nanno phyto. Added a better light
day 2.jpg


Day 12 - Switched things up to culture larger quantities. (Need to add 2 more 3 gallon dispensers) Copepod population EXPLODING!! Tons of juvenile pods.
day 12.jpg
 
Day 1 - Setup Tiger pod culture. Using phyto-feast for their food temporarily. I used way too much phyto.
day 1.jpg



Day 2 - started up a culture of nanno phyto. Added a better light
day 2.jpg


Day 12 - Switched things up to culture larger quantities. (Need to add 2 more 3 gallon dispensers) Copepod population EXPLODING!! Tons of juvenile pods.
day 12.jpg
I'll buy some pods from you
 
Day 12 - Switched things up to culture larger quantities. (Need to add 2 more 3 gallon dispensers) Copepod population EXPLODING!! Tons of juvenile pods.
day 12.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Where did you find the 3g containers? I've been looking everywhere for those!
 
Cool! I would love to have a video and photo tutorial for R2R on how to culture phyto, pods, etc. for our users.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new