DIY reef safe decor

jna042404

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of sealer would I use over plastic? Specifically a small toy to make it salt water safe. I've read everything from silicone type 1 to UV resistant epoxy to you don't even need to seal plastic... I'd like to know from someone who has actually done this with no issues what I would need to do/use. It would be to place in a 10 gallon reef tank! Thanks in advance!!

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You still play with toys? me too! those plastics are generally reef safe. what's not reef safe are any metal pieces.

BTW, welcome to r2r!

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of toy is this?

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched the preview and I can see where the blood spatter is on the ground. I then watched last season's episode to see who was kneeling there. I am such a geek.

OP
OP
jna042404

jna042404

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched the preview and I can see where the blood spatter is on the ground. I then watched last season's episode to see who was kneeling there. I am such a geek.

So who is your real guess? I'm really leaning on Daryl having the biggest impact- but of course, Glen dies in the comics this way, but I'm not sold on it being Glen.

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to spoil it. :D

I have Hollywood connections and I can usually get early screeners for movies and premiere TV shows. but not for this episode! I was so bummed.

OP
OP
jna042404

jna042404

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to spoil it. :D

I have Hollywood connections and I can usually get early screeners for movies and premiere TV shows. but not for this episode! I was so bummed.

Bummer. I guess you'll have to wait like the rest of us! I'm so stoked. And so many people say they won't watch if a certain character dies, etc. ...and I'm just like "I'll watch it if they all die and it's just random walkers eating things". The struggle is real.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What type of sealer would I use over plastic? Specifically a small toy to make it salt water safe. I've read everything from silicone type 1 to UV resistant epoxy to you don't even need to seal plastic... I'd like to know from someone who has actually done this with no issues what I would need to do/use. It would be to place in a 10 gallon reef tank! Thanks in advance!!
Is there anyway you can provide the type of plastic on the decor you bought? You can try calling the manufacture and find out. You may not need to seal it. Also welcome to the forum!

OP
OP
jna042404

jna042404

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyway you can provide the type of plastic on the decor you bought? You can try calling the manufacture and find out. You may not need to seal it. Also welcome to the forum!

Good idea. I'll see what I can find out.

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll watch regardless who dies.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Bummer. I guess you'll have to wait like the rest of us! I'm so stoked. And so many people say they won't watch if a certain character dies, etc. ...and I'm just like "I'll watch it if they all die and it's just random walkers eating things". The struggle is real.
Well if rick or darrel dies im out =). I think its maggie, according to "comic" should be glenn but we all know how that goes. Anywho, yea fine out. A majority of plastics are reef safe regardless

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back