DIY Shroom Cuttings Container

Very nice! I like these DIY projects. I usually end up put some screen on top of a rock and sandwiching the shroom between. Keeping the whole thing together with rubber bands HAHA

Nicely done!
 
Nice DIY ..I been using a plastic container with holes drilled thru out and it seemed to work

IMG-2069384985.jpg
 
The purpose for this is when you buy or receive a mushroom and it's not attached to a rock it will float around your tank or possibly end up in the overflow. .I lost a jawbreaker mushroom that I paid big dollars for get lost forever
 
The purpose for this is when you buy or receive a mushroom and it's not attached to a rock it will float around your tank or possibly end up in the overflow. .I lost a jawbreaker mushroom that I paid big dollars for get lost forever
 
I've cut plastic water bottles. Make to fill it with enough rubble/sand so it doesn't fall over
 
mARYnCtHSk3g-_Nm5p1ZKlw.jpg


I've started to use potting containers such as these. They are inexpensive, have a variety of hole sizes, and allow good water flow while still containing the frags. I haven't done this yet, but you could even rubber band a mesh over the top if you wanted to keep them even more contained. Additionally, being inexpensive, you can cut down larger ones to make trays filled with rubble and frags.

I ordered some online (Amazon has a lot of options), but on a whim, stopped at a local hydroponic gardening store and they had an amazing selection of sizes to choose from.
 
How much room do the potting containers take up ... I got tons of net so a rubber band and put it over top. I don't have but so much room in my tank so... Size matters!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new