DIY stand, leveling problem

touchstone88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just measured my 40Breeder on the sane joist. This has started leaning almost 1/8" in the other dimension, the new tank maybe level in that spot.

off topiv, my tank isn't rimless, the plywood I got is 1" short. Should I forget about the plywood, OR use it in 3 pieces?

I'd bite the bullet, you've gone through this much work already- two or three sections means 2-3 segments that could settle unevenly- a full board of ply offers more stability (similar as a simple 1/4" ply tacked to the back of a tiny stand strengthens-exponentially- from shearing) When the stand settles the tank'll have a whole piece to rest on, evenly distribute the weight and provide solid support to your tank.

OP
OP
wickette

wickette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd bite the bullet, you've gone through this much work already- two or three sections means 2-3 segments that could settle unevenly- a full board of ply offers more stability (similar as a simple 1/4" ply tacked to the back of a tiny stand strengthens-exponentially- from shearing) When the stand settles the tank'll have a whole piece to rest on, evenly distribute the weight and provide solid support to your tank.

Im not worried about uneven distribution. its the slant on the floor as my main obstacle now.

EDIT: TMI

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back