DIY Sump for 150L

HygienicMermaid

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2021
Messages
15
Reaction score
2
Location
Minnesota
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I am planning on upgrading my saltwater aquarium to a 150L here in August. I am looking at creating a undertank sump system, as I have a spare 20L that is just sitting around. What all would I need to start the system? Links to everything, please?

I have about $400 available for use on the system, so it'll need to be on the cheaper end. I tried looking things up, but got those classic "DIY" videos that utilized dollar store garbage.

Suggestions??
(NOTE: Looked on Bulk Reef Supply but was totally overwhelmed by all of the supplies. Have no idea where to even start.)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new