Donovan Joannes

Donovan Joannes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a beautiful tank.

How to you keep that NPS happy? Are you adding anything to maintain the Oysters food wise?

NPS corals thriving on constant supply of fine particles food. Detritus is one of them, the very reason I don't have mechanical filters in the system. Blasting the sump with powerhead will keep the detritus suspended and goes back into the display as foods foe corals and other filter feeders.

As for oysters food, yes I am broadcast feeding twice a week with commercial filter feeders food. My bacteria reactors is producing constant supply of bacteria planktons as well. I am not sure how it happens, but occasionally my tank will experience phytoplankton bloom (water columns turns green). I cannot replicates the bloom, it must be happening randomly. I witnessed this phenomenon twice a few months back.

Mandelstam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I am not sure about the oyster. We can buy those at wet market. It's a wild caught by local fisherman, along the coastline possibly growing on mangroves roots :)

Man, you live in the right place to be into reefing! I would love to do a tank with locally collected fish and inverts or even corals from the northern Atlantic but it would be a cold water tank and a bit too complicated for me at the moment lol.

OP
OP
Donovan Joannes

Donovan Joannes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, you live in the right place to be into reefing! I would love to do a tank with locally collected fish and inverts or even corals from the northern Atlantic but it would be a cold water tank and a bit too complicated for me at the moment lol.

Haha. Yeah, my tank as been running high temperature of over 30 degree C and all local acros are doing fine. My aussie SSC is now officially KIA.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back