OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it's in couldn't of done it without my friends. This thing looks great!!!!!

v2vmPWt.jpg

VTOQZoW.jpg

KVWYjSi.jpg

X5JIQFu.jpg

OP
OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay so plumbing will take place tomorrow hoping to have everything finished tomorrow so i can start adding water!!!!

I also started painting the fireplace and some of the vent covers and electrical box covers. all in all we are moving. and installed a nice 4k tv above the fireplace

Still need to do the following:
- Get Furniture for the basement
- Finish Fireplace
- Get Trim and install
- Get Sand in tank
- Get Rock in tank
- GET TANK RUNNING/GET FISH IN TANK!! :cry:

OP
OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said before I am not handy at all so something simple like replacing light switches is amazing to me switched out about 5 of them! The joys of owning a home

I will say I'm learning a lot and I like it

Check out some cool chalk art

Nyj9K30.jpg

aBfX7h7.jpg

OP
OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of stuff done today!!!!! A lot of amazing plumbing work check this out.

Bigger pipe is the drain smaller is the return. The return will have a hose attached to the mag 18
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1417665960.320501.jpg

The tank has this air chamber to help with water flow. Genius
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1417665989.444358.jpg

Air drain is black. The white tube will have 2 pieces one will have a funnel to pour salt into the water storage. The other one will be a cap
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1417666014.655073.jpg

Sump has media chamber. Skimmer area with Customer skimmer adjuster plate and return pump section which will house a mag 18
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1417666076.658678.jpg

Side view
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1417666128.013068.jpg

Last edited:

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Very impressive build so far, looks like you're on the Fast Track to 'Home Improvement' CONGRATS!

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Very impressive build so far, looks like you're on the Fast Track to 'Home Improvement' CONGRATS!

Cheers, Todd

haha thanks its been alot of work but i think in the end it will be all worth it. Cant wait to wrap up this tank friday, than i can start adding water! lets pray theirs no leaks hahah

d5332

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure if I missed it or not but just in case...

I did not read any plans to properly vent that tank and the basement itself.

Any electronic equipment and metal surface for that matter will eventually become victims of humidity and salt corrosion, including the washer and dryer without proper venting, especially in a basement.

OP
OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure if I missed it or not but just in case...

I did not read any plans to properly vent that tank and the basement itself.

Any electronic equipment and metal surface for that matter will eventually become victims of humid

ity and salt corrosion, including the washer and dryer without proper venting, especially in a basement.

Very good point the house has april air installed in it and i was also assuming i would need another humidifier down in the basement on the fish room side. Unless anyone else had any other suggestions?

OP
OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a bathroom right by i wonder if i swapped out that fan in there with the one posted above. Ill have to take a walkthrough video of the basement room and see what everyone thinks

d5332

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best advice I can provide is to enclose the back of the tank and throw a humidifier in the enclosure or look into getting a decently sized dehumidifier.

I would inquire with the forums for feedback on long term performance of dehumidifiers and ceiling exhaust fans in saltwater applications. i know people use dehumidifiers in their fish rooms but the internal components were not meant for saltwater, could not tell you how the units hold up to saltwater evaporation and a good unit runs about $400

OP
OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best advice I can provide is to enclose the back of the tank and throw a humidifier in the enclosure or look into getting a decently sized dehumidifier.

I would inquire with the forums for feedback on long term performance of dehumidifiers and ceiling exhaust fans in saltwater applications. i know people use dehumidifiers in their fish rooms but the internal components were not meant for saltwater, could not tell you how the units hold up to saltwater evaporation and a good unit runs about $400

Sounds good ill start doing some research thanks for the heads up didnt really cross my mind at this point

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Djtonton

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tony

I used one of those cheap bathroom fans on my build. Right side of the tank near the top. It rusted and died after about 2 months

The new build is looking great

Bob
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1417811089.497394.jpg

Turbo dude I haven't heard from you in awhile how are things your tank looks great. I think I'll just get one of those room de humidifiers it should be fine! Gonna be getting some coral from u soon here lol

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back